[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
school curricula - how to teach writing : Tips and Advice • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

school curricula - how to teach writing

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
rob-lost
Corporal

Re: school curricula - how to teach writing

Postby rob-lost » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Us? All those sock-puppet accounts are really getting to you, william.

You want to learn about teaching? Go to a teaching forum. This forum is concentrating on getting to publication. Not how to teach writing.
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:06 pm

[quote="rob-lost"]Us? All those sock-puppet accounts are really getting to you, william.

You want to learn about teaching? Go to a teaching forum. This forum is concentrating on getting to publication. Not how to teach writing.[/quote]

Illogical as is your forte.
You cant get published if you cant write. And there is a lot more to publication than mere writing.
Been there done that. I have been published and paid in dozens of national magazines and newspapers from WD to washpost.

Where have you been published? Ostrellas fanfic web site ??

And this forum is for all things related to writing not just what you care about. If you dont care about this topic go reply to some other posts.

rob-lost
Corporal

Postby rob-lost » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:15 pm

None of your dismissal changes that this topic is not relevant here. We are not teachers. Nor are we here to teach you how to teach. You want to learn that, go speak with writing teachers.

They're going to tell you the things you've already ignored here before.

This is not a forum about teaching.
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

Burningthyself
Private E-1

Postby Burningthyself » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Did you sell articles to Penthouse? Serious question. Did you say you were going to "boink" another member's wife? Because there was a member who exhibited similar clownish behavior. The only difference is his work was documented. Does anyone believe you...myeh...

Why keep referencing your nonfiction sales on a fiction forum? Don't give that garbage about others doing fanfic, that has nothing to do with YOU as a nonfiction writer on a fiction forum. Somebody else can do half of a wordsearch on the back of a cereal box and call it high art and that will still have nothing to do with YOU being a nonfiction writer trying to force a narrow fiction method onto an audience that writes fiction.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:12 pm

[quote="plughmann"]

You have lots of questions but no answers to the OP. Can you contribute anything useful or not? You claim you know people who know how to write. But just how well do they write? Can they write to deadline, on word count, within specified formats, and create good content? Tell us how they learned to do that![/quote]

I *could* contribute something useful, but I choose not to.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:54 pm

You have questions about writing? I will answer.

But what curriculum you create is ALL on you. This isn't the place for it and I have no interest in feeding that troll bait again.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:17 pm

[quote="rob-lost"]None of your dismissal changes that this topic is not relevant here. We are not teachers. Nor are we here to teach you how to teach. You want to learn that, go speak with writing teachers.

They're going to tell you the things you've already ignored here before.

This is not a forum about teaching.[/quote]

This is a forum about writing. I am asking about writing. If you know anything about writing you could comment meaningfully.
You prefer to deal in personalities and disruptive posts instead.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:18 pm

[quote="Burningthyself"]Did you sell articles to Penthouse? Serious question. Did you say you were going to "boink" another member's wife? Because there was a member who exhibited similar clownish behavior. The only difference is his work was documented. Does anyone believe you...myeh...

Why keep referencing your nonfiction sales on a fiction forum? Don't give that garbage about others doing fanfic, that has nothing to do with YOU as a nonfiction writer on a fiction forum. Somebody else can do half of a wordsearch on the back of a cereal box and call it high art and that will still have nothing to do with YOU being a nonfiction writer trying to force a narrow fiction method onto an audience that writes fiction.[/quote]

This is a forum on writing. All types of writing not just fiction.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:18 pm

[quote="updog"][quote="plughmann"]

You have lots of questions but no answers to the OP. Can you contribute anything useful or not? You claim you know people who know how to write. But just how well do they write? Can they write to deadline, on word count, within specified formats, and create good content? Tell us how they learned to do that![/quote]

I *could* contribute something useful, but I choose not to.[/quote]

It is your right to be selfish and not share information.
Why bother being in a forum to exchange info and ideas if you dont choose to share.
I guess you are just a taker.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:20 pm

[quote="robjvargas"]You have questions about writing? I will answer.

But what curriculum you create is ALL on you. This isn't the place for it and I have no interest in feeding that troll bait again.[/quote]

My question is on writing. Specifically How do you teach people HOW to write?
You are the troll not me.

What syllabus I come up with will depend on what seems to be the best approach to teach students HOW to write.

It is not all on me. I would expect some writers , real writers not wannabees, will share their thoughts.

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Advice