How I've logged onto WD

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
Burningthyself
Private E-1

How I've logged onto WD

Postby Burningthyself » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:04 pm

This has worked for me, even under my original screen name. I always go through a VPN and sometimes a Tor browser, deleting cookies and logins frequently because I hate being tracked and getting targeted ads. This has worked on android, ios, and Windows Vista.

Type in www(dot)writersdigest(dot)com. No https or anything.

Click on COMMUNITY. You may be directed to the forum automatically. If not, select Forums from the dropdown.

Click Login.

Enter name and password. If it freezes or stops loading click on COMMUNITY >>> Forums. You should be good to go. Close out the frozen page.

I've never had this not work, though a few others have said it won't work for them.

plughmann
Sergeant

Re: How I've logged onto WD

Postby plughmann » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:29 pm

I have found that I have to logout at community if it thinks I am logged in already, which sometimes happens.
Then go to WD HOME and log in at WD first.
From there go to forums and continue without problems.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:26 pm

Not for me. On every machine and every browser where I've cleared history and cookies, this ID no longer works. Even other browsers on this machine where I'm posting right now.

By the time WD gets around to fixing this, all their loyal (and useful) users will be gone, tired of having to work around their failure to maintain this site.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:03 pm

[quote="robjvargas"]Not for me. On every machine and every browser where I've cleared history and cookies, this ID no longer works. Even other browsers on this machine where I'm posting right now.

By the time WD gets around to fixing this, all their loyal (and useful) users will be gone, tired of having to work around their failure to maintain this site.[/quote]

Are you saying that if you go to the home page and try to sign in with your name email and password that it wont work from another pc?
How would that be different from clearing the history and cookies? At worst you should need to sign in from the home page again?
The only problem I see is people dont remember their passwords if they let the browser fill it in for them automatically after the first time.

WD is going to address the forum shortcomings according to Brian Klems.
But if not then you can invite everybody to use your pantsing forum that you advertise in your sig.

If the so called loyal users would welcome newcomers and not be making personal attacks on others you disagree with then this forum would grow and be very active.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:22 am

So far, william, you're the only one who's called names. "antifa libtards."

Take a good, long look in the mirror when you complain about personal attacks.

And you have no access to the errors I and others see when our ID's start failing, nor to the errors generated by the site, so you also have no idea what's happening to those ID's.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:35 am

[quote="robjvargas"]So far, william, you're the only one who's called names. "antifa libtards."

Take a good, long look in the mirror when you complain about personal attacks.

And you have no access to the errors I and others see when our ID's start failing, nor to the errors generated by the site, so you also have no idea what's happening to those ID's.[/quote]

if you got called something like that it is because your behavior reflects their methods

i dont care what is happening to your id's
hopefully some admin was trying to send the bullies a message

i did wonder if you could sign on from another pc with your password
or did they really link your account to a specific device somehow

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:12 pm

[quote="plughmann"]i did wonder if you could sign on from another pc with your password
or did they really link your account to a specific device somehow[/quote]
You actually look like something other than a troll when you ASK instead of assuming.
There is no error. It seems to log me in. But instead of any message, I wind up at the "not logged in" main page of the forums.

As you well know, william, when one is banned, the forum says so.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:18 pm

[quote="robjvargas"][quote="plughmann"]i did wonder if you could sign on from another pc with your password
or did they really link your account to a specific device somehow[/quote]
You actually look like something other than a troll when you ASK instead of assuming.
There is no error. It seems to log me in. But instead of any message, I wind up at the "not logged in" main page of the forums.

As you well know, william, when one is banned, the forum says so.[/quote]

Sorry but I do not know that at all.

The question was about signing on with different pcs.

The forum would be better if 3 of you did get banned. You could run your own discussion like you already do while badmouthing WD and this forum and suggesting people try your web site.

Return to Tips and Advice