11 plot cheatsheets

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
ostarella
Lieutenant

Re: 11 plot cheatsheets

Postby ostarella » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:00 pm

My other post was about your "critique", not a personal attack. If you're going to be a writer, you need to learn the difference.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:34 am

[quote="ostarella"]My other post was about your "critique", not a personal attack. If you're going to be a writer, you need to learn the difference.[/quote]

It was a personal attack.
Sorry if my comments don't qualify for what you call a critique.
T.A.Rodgers said my comments were fine so you need to get over it and stop making everything personal and attacking others.

Any comments are useful to someone asking for feedback even if they don't meet your criteria for being a critique or not.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:55 am

[quote="plughmann"][quote="ostarella"]My other post was about your "critique", not a personal attack. If you're going to be a writer, you need to learn the difference.[/quote]

T.A.Rodgers said my comments were fine so you need to get over it and stop making everything personal and attacking others.

Any comments are useful to someone asking for feedback even if they don't meet your criteria for being a critique or not.[/quote]

I responded on the other discussion - no point repeating it here because you won't listen to it anyway. You have been disagreed with and that's enough for you to go into rant mode.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:02 am

[quote="ostarella"][quote="plughmann"][quote="ostarella"]My other post was about your "critique", not a personal attack. If you're going to be a writer, you need to learn the difference.[/quote]

Any comments are useful to someone asking for feedback even if they don't meet your criteria for being a critique or not.[/quote]

I responded on the other discussion - no point repeating it here because you won't listen to it anyway. You have been disagreed with and that's enough for you to go into rant mode.[/quote]

More insults from you. I am not ranting just responding to your nonsense. You always disagree with me and I don't care as long as you don't attack me and make it personal.

You are right , finally , about one thing, that I won't listen to anything you say because you always assert things but never offer any evidence or proof or other motivation to show that you might be correct.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:26 pm

[quote="plughmann"]
You are right , finally , about one thing, that I won't listen to anything you say because you always assert things but never offer any evidence or proof or other motivation to show that you might be correct.[/quote]

Oh dear lord, we're not going back down that road again, are we? :roll:

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:20 pm

[quote="ostarella"][quote="plughmann"]
You are right , finally , about one thing, that I won't listen to anything you say because you always assert things but never offer any evidence or proof or other motivation to show that you might be correct.[/quote]

Oh dear lord, we're not going back down that road again, are we? :roll:[/quote]

I will never go down any road with you as I have learned it leads to nowhere.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:52 pm

[quote="ostarella"]My other post was about your "critique", not a personal attack. If you're going to be a writer, you need to learn the difference.[/quote]

I *AM* a writer.
And a published one who got paid by WD and the washpost as well as having been in dozens of other national publications and an encyclopedia.
And I made a good living writing for several years for biz and government.

I don't need to know what you think a critique is as I have proven myself already.
Where have you been published? How does writing fanfic on some website make you the all knowing expert on writing?

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:50 pm

[quote="plughmann"]
I *AM* a writer.
And a published one who got paid by WD and the washpost as well as having been in dozens of other national publications and an encyclopedia.
And I made a good living writing for several years for biz and government.

I don't need to know what you think a critique is as I have proven myself already.
Where have you been published? How does writing fanfic on some website make you the all knowing expert on writing?[/quote]

You are not a writer of fiction. And we were not talking about writing - we were talking about critiques. I have beta'd for many years, including for 2 writers who have over 15 trade published books between them. So yeah - I know a little something about critiques. And when you get around to writing fiction, let us know - especially if you get published.

rob-lost
Corporal

Postby rob-lost » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:01 pm

@ostarella: Leave him be. He can take every criticism as a personal affront and get himself banned all over again.

@william: This inability to disagree without taking it personal is a large measure of what you banned before. You are taking the exact same road that's turned you into a pariah.
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:30 pm

[quote="rob-lost"]@ostarella: Leave him be. He can take every criticism as a personal affront and get himself banned all over again.

@william: This inability to disagree without taking it personal is a large measure of what you banned before. You are taking the exact same road that's turned you into a pariah.[/quote]

??????????

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Advice