Volunteer and get some editing services for free

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Volunteer and get some editing services for free

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:24 am

Here's an editor offering some editing help in exchange for you volunteering somewhere. Pretty nice offer. Mega agent Janet Reid recommends Ben's services.

http://benjaminleroy.com/2017/09/07/volunteer/

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: Volunteer and get some editing services for free

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:39 am

Seems a terrific offer, but I'm wondering where an 81-year old who doesn't drive, lives two miles from the nearest school, even farther from a hospital, can volunteer.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:00 am

[quote="Oldtimer"]Seems a terrific offer, but I'm wondering where an 81-year old who doesn't drive, lives two miles from the nearest school, even farther from a hospital, can volunteer.[/quote]

There are things you can do from home - contact the school/hospital for upcoming events that they might need flyers folded/put in envelopes/cookies baked/phone calls made/etc. From my small town experience, if someone offered to help like that, they'd find someone to drive a couple miles to drop off and pick up the materials (may even be one of your neighbors). :)

Dreaming Imrryr
Master Sergeant

Postby Dreaming Imrryr » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:16 pm

That is very nice of the editor to make that offer.

Return to Tips and Advice