September Sales Slump?

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
mikeyboy_esq
Private E-2

September Sales Slump?

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Not sure why, but sales of my 2 non-fiction books suddenly dropped off since the 1st of this month (after 6 months or more of very consistent numbers). Has anyone else noticed a significant sales slowdown this month? Maybe it's just me.
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

plughmann
Sergeant

Re: September Sales Slump?

Postby plughmann » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:20 pm

[quote="mikeyboy_esq"]Not sure why, but sales of my 2 non-fiction books suddenly dropped off since the 1st of this month (after 6 months or more of very consistent numbers). Has anyone else noticed a significant sales slowdown this month? Maybe it's just me.[/quote]

I would expect there is always a drop off for most books after a few months no matter when it starts falling.

Has your promotional efforts been reaching new people or do you just keep repeating to the same ones on your social media sites.
You may have sold all you can to the people you have already been reaching. Define your target audience and where they hear about books then find a way to reach more new people where they are.

Dreaming Imrryr
Master Sergeant

Re: September Sales Slump?

Postby Dreaming Imrryr » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Have your sales come back to their normal levels now?

Return to Tips and Advice