[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Creepy charakters : Tips and Advice • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Creepy charakters

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
Cookiebot75
Private E-1

Creepy charakters

Postby Cookiebot75 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:40 pm

I have a charakter in one of my chapters that I want to be creepy as hell. She is a witch that my protagonist stumbles across at her house. First she acts really nicely but then she throws him and his crew into her underground dungeon.
In the bit where she is acting nice I want her to be like really fake and super creepy. I have had her with a super wide smile and saying stuff like: "We should feed you up a bit, you are so skinny!
Now I am looking for more ways that she can make my Protagonist super uncomfortable.
Do you know anything?
Last I asked for your help, you said, 'I hope you end up buried in a barrel in the Mexican desert.'

Anyone who can tell me where I took this from gets a free Cookie!

carroll
Private E-1

Re: Creepy charakters

Postby carroll » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:31 am

Hi Cookiebot75! There's a great list of evil lines from books that might be inspiring for you: http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/ ... from-books
Thought I don't find them really creepy.
Some of them:
"My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape." Patrick Bateman
"You know that every traitor belongs to me as my lawful prey and that for every treachery I have a right to a kill... And so, that human creature is mine. His life is forfeit to me. His blood is my property." The White Witch
"Poison them, drown them, bash them on the head. Got any chloroform? I don't care how you kill the little beasts. Just do it, and do it NOW!" Cruella De Vil
"I wanted him to find no good in me and he didn't. There is none." Marisa Coulter

Also, I think you can make this evil lady call your Protagonist things like darling, precious little thing, dear, and so on.

Return to Tips and Advice