Possibility of published internationally

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
Farizkey16
Private E-1

Possibility of published internationally

Postby Farizkey16 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:32 pm

Hi, I'm new here.

However, I have write for quite a time, we're talking about a year or two. On and off.

That being said, I am currently working on my novel but I have a fear of not be able to publish it.

My native language is Indonesian, but I am comfortable writing in English. In 2015, I wrote some flash fictions and got a nice feedbacks from a lot of people. But I don't get a lot of criticisms, so my English writing skills seemed to be stuck. This has something to do with my confidence of writing, but lately I can put aside that worry and intend to write not to please people, but for my satisfaction. You may see several of my writings on my blog: palafariz.wordpress.com

As for the novel, I just started several days ago, with a long-term hope of getting it published. However, I did a research couple weeks ago that there are no publisher (as far as I researched) that is willing to publish a novel in English language. So I've been thinking to publish my work internationally.

But I don't know if that's possible, and if there is someone who made the cut. So far I only know Agota Kristof who successfully wrote a novel using a second language.

Thanks in advance!

pls
Site Admin

Re: Possibility of published internationally

Postby pls » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:52 am

Although your English is easily understandable, you'll need to find an editor to "fix" the little gaffes like the ones I see in your post: "I have write"; "I did a research"; etc., before you can hope to publish in English.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to Tips and Advice