Blogging and Host Recommendations?

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
Spinners
Private E-1

Blogging and Host Recommendations?

Postby Spinners » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Yes, many have blogs that turn into books. Yet, I've heard of blogging your manuscript one chapter per day... Especially your first book to gather a following. My question is what low-price blogging host do you use and why? And, did you check out the terms and conditions first? (I ask because at least one popular blog host claims full rights to your work carte blanche, including derivatives - which means movie rights...and yes, some logs have sparked a movie.)

Brien Sz
Sergeant Major

Re: Blogging and Host Recommendations?

Postby Brien Sz » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:35 pm

WordPress and Blogger tend to be two of the more popular sites to set up blogs. I can't speak for terms but I know people that use these without issue. You can do free or upgrade depending on your needs.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:45 am

Wordpress is both a hosting service AND software you can install on your own site.

As a beginner, I'd recommend one of those services, Blogger or Wordpress. Just be aware that if you choose Wordpress and it asks you to download, you might be at the software instead. :)
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

devildogwhite
Private E-2

Postby devildogwhite » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:21 pm

I'm trying wordpress right now and I kind of enjoy it, but, and this could be just me, it seems a little difficult to navigate. I'm sure with a bit of practice I'll get used to it.
There is no Miss Zarves. There is no nineteenth story. Sorry.

Spinners
Private E-1

Postby Spinners » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:45 am

I wanted to thank everyone for their feedback. I'll be looking into it in depth very soon.

Return to Tips and Advice