[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
When should I send my novel out? : Tips and Advice • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

When should I send my novel out?

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
Garfy

Postby Garfy » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:54 am

Garfy

Postby Garfy » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:54 am

Hi,

After two re-writes I have finally reached the final draft of my novel and I now have 3 of 13 chapters complete.

Because this is my first novel, I am mainly working on it in my spare time. Of course, like all aspiring writers, I would love to do this full time, and the only way that I can think to accomplish this is to get my novel published (sound familiar?).

Problem is, I am only 8 months away from having to move back to the UK where I will have to find a proper job again (the current one pays well and gives me the chance to think about the novel - a lot).

Come September, it is very likely that I will have it finished and once I get a new job I know that I will definitely struggle to complete it.

So in order to possibly get around this, my question is... when is it feasible to send out to agents / publishers?

GB

jasipper
Brigadier General

RE: When should I send my novel out?

Postby jasipper » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:30 am

mdiaab
Private E-1

Postby mdiaab » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:30 am

I made the descision to send my novel when I read it and it was so good that I didn't want to change a thing. I edited for typos, and structual issues, made sure everything was perfect and began sending it off.

Jamesaritchie
Commander in Chief

Postby Jamesaritchie » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:54 pm

If you really want to sell the novel, don't submit it until it's finished, and polish until it glows in the dark. As they say, you get only one chance to make a first impression.

Garfy

Postby Garfy » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:29 pm

Excellent, thanks all.

I knew that would be the answer - I just didn't want to admit it!!!

GB

Return to Tips and Advice