[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
school curricula - how to teach writing : Tips and Advice • Page 4 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

school curricula - how to teach writing

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
updog
General of the Army

Re: school curricula - how to teach writing

Postby updog » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:31 pm

[quote="plughmann"][quote="updog"][quote="plughmann"]

You have lots of questions but no answers to the OP. Can you contribute anything useful or not? You claim you know people who know how to write. But just how well do they write? Can they write to deadline, on word count, within specified formats, and create good content? Tell us how they learned to do that![/quote]

I *could* contribute something useful, but I choose not to.[/quote]

It is your right to be selfish and not share information.
Why bother being in a forum to exchange info and ideas if you dont choose to share.
I guess you are just a taker.[/quote]

If you won't even take my word for it that I know people who can write, why would I bother sharing anything else with you? Seems you've got your head so far up your @$$ you can't hear anything but your own thoughts anyway.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:47 pm

[quote="plughmann"]
My question is on writing. Specifically How do you teach people HOW to write? [/quote]
"How do you teach..."
Not the purpose behind this forum. And you know it.

Want to learn how to teach, find a teaching forum.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:05 pm

[quote="robjvargas"][quote="plughmann"]
My question is on writing. Specifically How do you teach people HOW to write? [/quote]
"How do you teach..."
Not the purpose behind this forum. And you know it.

Want to learn how to teach, find a teaching forum.[/quote]

You are incredibly dense. I know how to teach. What I need is the best material to use to do the teaching.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:22 pm

Which is a teaching how-to.

So go find a teaching forum. It's not our role to do your job for you.

Yeah, "dense," no personal attack there. You are pure as the driven snow, aren't you?
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:53 pm

No point in anyone sharing information or experience because that's not what william is here for, nor will he listen to anything that even slightly disagrees with his preconceived notions. He's asking for the same thing in teaching that he's asked for in writing fiction - a fill-in-the-blank template because he doesn't have the knowledge, skill, imagination, or gumption to figure it out himself. He really believes that it should be easy. I can imagine what his nonfiction looked like. Not that any of us will ever see it, since - unlike every other writer I know - he hasn't kept any copies of his supposedly published work, claiming he doesn't have time to dig it out.
Formerly shadowwalker
http://www.writersdigest.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26159

http://writerswriting.proboards.com/forum

Brien Sz
Sergeant Major

Postby Brien Sz » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:56 am

Children aren't taught 'How-to" write, they are taught how to communicate through the written word. There is a difference. Most people will never know how to write in the creative short story or long format. They are taught how to construct words into paragraphs to express a point, how to think some what logically in how they communicate in the written word. Creative writing exercises are just that, another method to expand on the greater goal of being able to communicate in a literate way.

Previous

Return to Tips and Advice