Could a person with disability succeed as a writer?

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
mammamaia

Re: Could a person with disability succeed as a writer?

Postby mammamaia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:30 am

If people see me, would they be interested in my book due to my speech pediment? Do you understand what I mean?

if your book is a success, no one is going to mind if you have a speech problem... look at michael j. fox... he has much more than just trouble speaking, but he's not only a much respected talk show guest, he's still acting!...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

TerryRodgers

Postby TerryRodgers » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:43 pm

mammamaia wrote:
If people see me, would they be interested in my book due to my speech pediment? Do you understand what I mean?

if your book is a success, no one is going to mind if you have a speech problem... look at michael j. fox... he has much more than just trouble speaking, but he's not only a much respected talk show guest, he's still acting!...

I agree with Maia. Michael is making a huge comback. I'm waiting for the next Back to the Future. :)

Alienscifi

Postby Alienscifi » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:12 pm

TerryRodgers wrote:
Alienscifi wrote:I want to be a SF writer and I have autism, bipolar and possibly others. What hope is there for someone like me?

Issac, don't start taking other people's threads. You have never stated on the forum that you want to be a writer. You have only stated you want someone to write for you. There is a huge difference.

It was only a question.

Previous

Return to Tips and Advice