[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The End : Tips and Advice • Page 4 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

The End

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
Anya Kylash
Lieutenant

Re: The End

Postby Anya Kylash » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:18 pm

I read plenty of modern stuff. The only thing that has all the main characters die is the Matrix, and then there are still plenty of other characters still alive at the end of that.
Finished:
Race Against Fate -101k words
Loyalties Lost -121k words
Forgotten -100k words
Friends and Foes -113k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

Starchaser3000
Private E-2

Postby Starchaser3000 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:26 pm

I am sure there is some serious fiction/fantasy besides the Matrix that is like that. I am just hoping there are no other humor/spoof fiction/fantasy book series novels that have an ending like mine that is all.

atwhatcost
Sergeant

Postby atwhatcost » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:17 am

Lynn

Working on my first novel.

atwhatcost
Sergeant

Postby atwhatcost » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:27 am

Lynn

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:27 pm

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Starchaser3000
Private E-2

Postby Starchaser3000 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 pm

@atwhatcost:
I agree on the marriage metaphor for sure. Right now the path I am taking is to get my second volume self published sometime later this year. After that I have no plans to continue with this series since by then I plan to be querying to agents for my next writing project. But I plan to still push for this series in the self publishing market. I think over time for those that have attained decent reviews and editorial critiques along with some sales, those more obscure self published books will have a chance for REAL commercial success. Maybe then if a reputable publishing house wants to pick up the series and might want me to make some changes on the ending, I could work with that. But by that time in my life, I am hoping that I already have my new fiction idea published the traditional way.

atwhatcost
Sergeant

Postby atwhatcost » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 am

Lynn

Previous

Return to Tips and Advice