multiple projects

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
GramTam

multiple projects

Postby GramTam » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Wondering how others handle more than one pot on the stove? I have 3 ideas on the go right now, however I've been focusing on the one I hope has the best chance of being published. :P Hey, a girl has to eat! ;) Anyway, the other two projects are entirely different genre. I'm certain I'm not alone in this predicament. Do you try to give each their time or finish one before moving on to another?
Input welcome! :)

Luke

Re: multiple projects

Postby Luke » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:18 pm

I try and stick to one project at a time, though it's not always possible.

If I have a good idea for another one while i'm working on one, I'll give myself time to write a few pages of the new one until it runs out of steam. Then keep it aside until I can focus on it.

DrG2

Postby DrG2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:45 pm

One thing I like to do is take a break between writing and re-writing with something different.

mammamaia

Postby mammamaia » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:45 am

i've always been able to work on multiple writing projects at the same time...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

James A. Ritchie

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:29 pm

I assign each project its own writing time. Sometimes the schedule is based on deadline pressure, and sometimes on personal preference, but every project has scheduled writing time, and I stick to it.

Unless you're making like Stephen King, learning to juggle multiple projects is pretty much a necessity, if you want to actually earn a living solely as a writer.

GramTam

Postby GramTam » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:23 pm

All great feedback. :) Thanks!

Return to Tips and Advice