Snow Flake Method/ Plotting

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
EchoOhOhOh
Private E-1

Snow Flake Method/ Plotting

Postby EchoOhOhOh » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:26 am

Hello everyone,

I find that sometimes I have so many ideas for my story it can be overwhelming and very disorganised.

For me I have found it extremely helpful so far to do the snow flake method with other plotting methods found on Pinterest that make me take down the best ideas I think I have and find out where they would go. By doing this I have been able to choose the best idea to go with and figure out why some ideas would not work without wasting hours going back and correcting a major plot line/character.

Has any one else found success through writing this way? If not, how much editing do you find yourself doing? Do you find it very difficult?

Thank you !

xo
Echo

Upgrade
Private E-1

Re: Snow Flake Method/ Plotting

Postby Upgrade » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:38 pm

I tried the Snowflake Method a few different times and honestly, it never worked for me. I felt that when I wrote scenes based on the outline I had, they came out sounding contrived and like I was only using them to get from point A to point B instead of feeling like they would really happen in the situation my characters were in. Honestly, I had to revise so much for everything I wrote using this method, to the point that I was basically just rewriting the entire thing. But also, that's just me. I have a friend who successfully uses the Snowflake Method and for her it cuts out a lot of revision time. To each his own, I suppose!

Return to Success Stories