[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Encouraging : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Encouraging

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
cynfranks
Sergeant

Encouraging

Postby cynfranks » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:45 am

As I'm sure most of you know who read the forums, I'm a playwright now working to get back into prose writing. I have a two pronged attack; short-stories and non-fiction articles. Since my goal is to make a living, I am approaching this from the dollar and cents side. The short story went out first to the magazine that paid the most. I didn't hear back from them within the stated time, so I sent them a polite email regarding the status. Still nothing. Some of my writer friends told me to call or email again and a few wanted to proofread my emails and cover letters. But I thought it best to wait and I'm glad I did.

I received a letter from them apologizing for the delay, but my story was under series consideration. They decided not to buy it, but encouraged me to submit more stories.

I'll take it. It' already out to #2 on my list!

This has lit a fire under me to get the other two stories out there.
Ask yourself, "What would Dickens do?"

updog
General of the Army

Re: Encouraging

Postby updog » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:32 am

That sounds encouraging, Cyn. Congratulations on getting this far, and good luck! Hope the next one's a yes. :)
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Return to Success Stories