[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
I've actually published a few pieces! Writing success : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

I've actually published a few pieces! Writing success

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
Metilda
Corporal

I've actually published a few pieces! Writing success

Postby Metilda » Thu May 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Last year on this forum I started a thread looking - in desperation - for the means (support, insight, courage) to finish a story and see through the entire writing process. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74292 - It eluded me in so many ways and it began to wear me out.

Well - I've finally trumped this issue. It took a lot of hard work and stubborn determination, but I now understand my difficulties when it comes to writing and am able to work around it.

So since then I've complete a novella (The Devil's Undertones - 32,000 words) with a full, deep and complex plot. (The story is religious allegory akin to works in the Middle Ages - disguised as an erotica novella. It explores the push-pull of evil, but in a modern world setting. It contains religious symbolism, mirrors the classic story of good vs evil, but it also presents a story that is seemingly commonplace on the outside: a professor involved with a student.)
I've self-published it - along with a few short stories.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JDYCFQ6

Further, one of my short stories was accepted to a short-story anthology.

I have my author website finished - www.jacanter.com

All in all: I'm learning - slowly - how to stay focused, work through problems in writing instead of letting problems put me off of a story, I'm improving my ability to tackle all other aspects of devising plots, building characters, and everything else.

Thrilling - and though I'm not very active on this community anymore, you guys have been very helpful in my efforts.

Cheers :) and Thanks.

updog
General of the Army

Re: I've actually published a few pieces! Writing success

Postby updog » Fri May 23, 2014 2:06 pm

Congratulations, Metilda. :)
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

normapadro
Private E-1

Re: I've actually published a few pieces! Writing success

Postby normapadro » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:21 am

Congratulations. :D