[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
First day published- Shot to #9 in its catagory! : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

First day published- Shot to #9 in its catagory!

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
james.ticknor
Private E-1

First day published- Shot to #9 in its catagory!

Postby james.ticknor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:05 am

I have been on this site for quite a long time now, and I love it. The members here are very helpful and their contests have helped hone my skill to the level that it is today.

When I decided I was going to self-publish The Heartless on Amazon, I didn't want to do it without a marketing strategy. I waited a month, Googled all the information I could, and executed it. My Facebook author page following grew to over 1,000 people in three weeks, and I had scheduled (With the help of a publicist friend) for a bit over 20 bloggers to post that same day. Here's what the results were:

#9 in one catagory
Top 100 in another
Top 100 in yet another
#13,000 overall

I was absolutely thrilled when this happened, and I want to thank each and every staff member and person at this forum for their help. This site is the most invaluable site I have been to in my writing experience.

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Re: First day published- Shot to #9 in its catagory!

Postby TerryRodgers » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:31 pm

Congrats James.

TWErvin2
Private E-2

Postby TWErvin2 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:37 am

Cool News! Thanks for sharing. Hope the trend continues.

bagobonez
Private E-1

Postby bagobonez » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:19 am

Can you mention what all you did? I'm particularly interested in how to get Facebook and twitter followers. Seems like a catch22, people wont want to follow someone who has no followers, but how do you start to get followers so that you don't appear to be a "nobody" to people who might be interested in following?

fathoms77
Private E-1

Postby fathoms77 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Congrats! Maybe I'll give it a read. :)

james.ticknor
Private E-1

Postby james.ticknor » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:37 am

catbr
Private E-1

Postby catbr » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Congratulations James and good luck. Hope everything continues on the upswing for you.

dantefrizzoli
Private E-1

Postby dantefrizzoli » Fri May 09, 2014 5:51 pm

I actually just read this!

Congrats, it's a hell of an achievement.
Dante - Aspiring Novelist. |

josh.townley
Private E-2

Postby josh.townley » Fri May 16, 2014 12:15 am

Congrats! That's the way to do it. I've just published my first, but it's a free download, so I wasn't quite so worried about marketing it too hard. I'll have to try this strategy with my next book.

P.S. Love the cover art!
Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps. - David Lloyd George
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jptownleyauthor
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1491 ... sh-townley

j-smith95
Private E-1

Postby j-smith95 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:32 pm

Wow, congratulations James! I wish you all the success in your future writing career. Sounds like it will definitely be a promising one. I just joined this site yesterday and have thus far been extremely impressed with the vast amount of writing resources it contains. Can't wait to take advantage of them! :D

Return to Success Stories