[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Essay accepted for publication! : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Essay accepted for publication!

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
Aspiring

Postby Aspiring » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:56 am

Aspiring

Postby Aspiring » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:56 am

I just opened a returned SASE to find The Family Digest has accepted an essay I submitted for publication! It's a whopping $50, but it's a byline. That will be three published clips now in "consumer" pubs. I'll get into that stinking Parents magazine yet!

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

RE: Essay accepted for publication!

Postby abqwriter » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:03 am

Just the boost you needed, Susan!  Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

jmar2
Major General

Postby jmar2 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:27 am

Did we tell you about the 'Success Cookies' you have to buy the Administrator, Robin?  And of course then you'll need to buy her Chai Latte and coffees for the rest of us and ...

I think you'll need a little more than $50.00, but it's a start. 

Sincere congratulations.

John

Aspiring

Postby Aspiring » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:11 am

Lattes for everyone! Thanks for the encouragement that has gotten me to this point.

John, I think you were the one who suggested a family story might fit a religious pub. and that's what I sent off. You were right.

That's why I love it here: you "guys" are so full of wit and wisdom and I have enjoyed and benefitted from all of it. Thanks everyone.

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:09 am

Skipper
Private First Class

Postby Skipper » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:43 pm

Wow, that is so fantastic! I'm really happy for you. Good going! :)

Curious
Lieutenant

Postby Curious » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:48 am

That's great! They love you! You're making it happen!

Clare

Aspiring

Postby Aspiring » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:53 am

Thank you, all, for your encouragement and kind words. You keep me going.

yudelka
Captain

Postby yudelka » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:23 am

Congrats!  That's wonderful.  Before you know it, you'll be opening an envelope with real money from Parents.  And I hope that's real soon.   

Next

Return to Success Stories