[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Author Interview and giveaway of The Divide : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Author Interview and giveaway of The Divide

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
EccentricKim
Lieutenant Colonel

Author Interview and giveaway of The Divide

Postby EccentricKim » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:37 pm

http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=20052

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/119 ... mment_form eee!

edit 1-16 My publisher is hosting a giveaway of The Divide Book 1: Uprising. I finally posted a link!

This Sunday is the release date of the e-version of The Divide through my publisher, and the Amazon release of the paperback!

January 2013, through Queerteen Press! I considered finding an agent for this one, but decided to try the publishing company I already have a rapport with, especially since the odds were high on a publication sooner rather than later. My book is a YA dystopia, and I wanted it published while dystopias are still in high demand!

I first got the idea for this book when I was about 22 or 23. But it never went anywhere other than a page of vague ideas and the title. A prompt last summer on the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Forum here for a contest is what brought The Divide back to life, and it became a short story. Then I decided to try to make it a novella. Instead it became a novel!
Last edited by EccentricKim on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Previously published writer starting over.

lesliemunnelly
Private First Class

Re: The Divide is going to be published too!

Postby lesliemunnelly » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:25 am

Good going, Kim! You're on a roll!!

EccentricKim
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby EccentricKim » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks Leslie :)

mfarraday
Lieutenant

Postby mfarraday » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:57 am

congrats Kim!

are you on Twitter? Can I follow you there, if you are?

EccentricKim
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby EccentricKim » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:17 pm

oh, I didn't see this comment mfarraday! I'm not on twitter right now, but I'm thinking about starting one. I am on Facebook though! (Kim Flowers, Writer).

Gloriana
Private E-1

Postby Gloriana » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Mucho congrats! I love how you described the evolution of your story, I love when small things grow into huge ones (and I especially love when 'dead stories' come alive and become the strongest ideas ever).

I had never heard of Queerteen press but I had a look at their website and I love it! I have a couple of LBGT teens in my extended family, one of whom is a voracious reader (and if I have my way, she will soon be a budding writer, mwa ha ha!). Not that long ago she was complaining about how annoying she finds it that she can rarely find books with LBGT characters where their sexuality isn't some kind of focus or 'sideshow attraction' as she put it. She wants to read more stuff about LGBT just LIVING LIFE like everyone else. I'm definitely passing on the website for Queerteen to her, I think she might love it too.

Maybe she'll end up buying your book! :D
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

EccentricKim
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby EccentricKim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:16 pm

awesome Gloriana! Yeah I definitely like having books where the characters are diverse, but that doesn't mean the book is necessarily *about* that, it's just part of who they are.

I hope you both like the stories at Queerteen Press, including mine when they become available!

EccentricKim
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby EccentricKim » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:54 am

The blurb and excerpt are ready on Christmas Eve!

http://www.queerteen-press.com/index.ph ... gb2nao7e10

EccentricKim
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The Divide, Book 1 releases 1-6 ebook !

Postby EccentricKim » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:53 pm

This Sunday is the release date of the e-book version of The Divide: Uprising!

I'm very excited. . . I'm moving on Saturday so I have to send out last minute internet promos now lol.

EccentricKim
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The Divide: Uprising ebook release this Sunday!

Postby EccentricKim » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:14 pm

http://www.amazon.com/The-Divide-Book-1 ... im+flowers

The paperback is available on Amazon now!

Next

Return to Success Stories