Finally reached my sales goal of 100 books/month!

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
mikeyboy_esq
Private First Class

Finally reached my sales goal of 100 books/month!

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:41 pm

January was a good month for sales of my 2 nonfiction books. I sold a total of 101 books, my best month ever! My previous monthly sales record was 97 books (last May) and I wasn't expecting to break that record in January. One thing that definitely helped me reach my sales goal this month was giving 2 speeches plus doing an Open House (a signup event) for another speech that I'm giving in March. Those speeches were in front of a small group (16) and a larger group (45), and resulted in almost 20 in-person sales (plus a few more folks who probably bought my books when they got home). I also sold a few audiobooks in January as I finally converted one of my books to audiobook via ACX near the end of the January.

Now here is the INTERESTING PART... my 2nd book (a self-publishing guide) outsold my 1st book (a college teacher guide) for the first time ever! (my second book made up about 55% of total sales). I'm not sure exactly why that happened, but my hunch is that January is a good month for selling self-publishing guides as many people look to write their first book. In any case, I'm very happy with the results.
Last edited by mikeyboy_esq on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

Brien Sz
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Finally reached my sales goal of 100 books/month!

Postby Brien Sz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:47 am

Congrats!

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:39 am

Congratulations, mikeyboy. and kudos for your perseverance. You have done wonders for my morale (and probably many other members of this community). Keep up the good work! :)
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

mikeyboy_esq
Private First Class

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:42 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Brien & Oldtimer! I'm sure that selling 100 books in a month is nothing to many established/successful authors, but it's kind of a big deal to little ol' me (especially since it took me 15 months to reach this point).
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

Return to Success Stories