[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Hi!! : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Hi!!

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
alysiaseymour
Private E-1

Hi!!

Postby alysiaseymour » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:17 pm

My name is Alysia. I have one self-published novel, The Raven Dreams, and I am working on a couple books currently. I love Sci-Fi/Fantasy stories. I also am starting a writing community to help those struggling to write their first book. It will be a guided step-by-step process with easy and clear videos and worksheets to help brainstorm ideas and get the project moving. Right now, I am looking for people to work one-on-one with to build momentum. If you are interested in finding out more or working with me one-on-one, you can contact me through my website. We all have a story inside us that is waiting to come out, to inspire others and to change someone's perspective. Now is our time! :)

Redacted - links to outside competing sources are not allowed in the WD forums -pls.

robjvargas
Captain

Re: Hi!!

Postby robjvargas » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi, Alysia.

You DO understand, do you not, that Writer's Digest is a site about writing? That makes your service a competitor. Do you believe that you should have a right to post competition ads on their user forum?

Additionally, do you believe that it's professional to come to a site like WD and post ads before even contributing to the community here?

In both cases, my answer is no. It's not my call to make, but that's how I react to such posts, and why I'm unlikely to every visit your site now.

I strongly suggest that you give that a lot of thought before continuing.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

nonfictionwriter
Private E-1

Postby nonfictionwriter » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:08 am

well done Rob

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:52 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to Success Stories