[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
TOOK ME 9 YEARS to get this book done..what about you? : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

TOOK ME 9 YEARS to get this book done..what about you?

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
Katie Aiken Ritter
Private E-1

TOOK ME 9 YEARS to get this book done..what about you?

Postby Katie Aiken Ritter » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi folks!

I'm a product of Rewrite Hell...and a stickler for authentic research! VIKING: THE GREEN LAND is on Kindle -- and you're invited!

:arrow: COME AND VOYAGE DANGEROUS UNCHARTED SEAS AT

Had an AMAZING epiphany, went forward on faith, and I am ecstatic to see my debut, self-published novel hitting the Top 20 of new releases...BUT I'M CONFUSED...not even fifty sales yet, so I'm watching carefully to see what the DICKENS that actually means! What's your advice?

What about you? What was your experience? How long did it take your book to "take off"...and what did you have to do? I'm wondering about 'free' promotions, etc, etc.,.are they worth it? Do they work?

Thank you and best wishes to all!
Katie

pls
Site Admin

Re: TOOK ME 9 YEARS to get this book done..what about you?

Postby pls » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:45 am

I'll move this to the appropriate forum.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Pomeroy41144
Private E-1

Postby Pomeroy41144 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:44 pm

Congratulations.

It took me over five years to write a three-volume, 1,500 page World War II reference work (over 32,000 individual index entries).

Using the tips I found in the Writer's Digest Writer's Market book, I was able to sign a book deal with a publisher with my first pitch.

My book has been in print for over 10 years now.

I have two more books that will be competed soon and two more on the back burner.

nonfictionwriter
Private E-1

Postby nonfictionwriter » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:50 pm

congrats katie. I am about 2 years into my project of writing perhaps an 80,000 word non-fiction book. it will probably be another year and a half before I have a completed manuscript. How can you have < 50 sales and be in the top 20 of new releases? I unfortunately wouldn't be able to give you any marketing advice. Pomeroy: congratulations on your successes as well.

Return to Success Stories