[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
New author's book on out of body experiences : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

New author's book on out of body experiences

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
VinceField
Private E-1

New author's book on out of body experiences

Postby VinceField » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:06 pm

Hello all, I recently finished my manuscript (80,000 words) called Chronicles of a Soul- Experiences and Revelations Out of the Body, detailing 15 years of out-of-body travels and explorations in alternate states of consciousness, and the revelations and insights regarding the nature of the self and reality that I've gained in this time. I'm now looking to have it published.

I'd like to discuss the format of my book.

First, basic introductory concepts are explained so the reader knows what they are getting into. Then, a series of journal entries are presented in chronological order, from my first out-of-body experience back in January 2000 to my last experience of the book at the end of 2014. After each journal entry there is an explanation of what had happened during that experience from my current understanding (having the wisdom gained from over 15 years of experience), offering the reader insight into the nature of the experience, explaining any concepts that the reader may not be familiar with, and shaping the reader’s understanding in a way which allows for coherent comprehension as well as instigating interest in the reader. Thus, the book is essentially a collection of journal entries separated by commentary regarding each experience.

The many techniques for achieving the various OBE states (astral projection, lucid dreaming, etc.) are explained in detail in the order that they are learned and utilized in my actual experiences from the journal entries, as well as methods for navigating through these altered states and higher dimensions, and practical tips for overcoming obstacles encountered along the way, providing the reader with the instruction and tools needed to successfully have their own experiences in the out-of-body state.

In this way, I believe this book is the perfect combination of personal experiences, theory, and practical instruction and technique. This is one major reason why I believe my book will stand out among other related literature, as most other books on the subject lack this balance.

An index of techniques is included at the end as a quick reference for readers to easily locate any practical instruction they wish to find, and a glossary of terms is likewise included in the final section so that readers can quickly familiarize themselves with any vocabulary related to the subject that is used in the book.

Here is a sample:

pls
Site Admin

Re: New author's book on out of body experiences

Postby pls » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:58 am

I'll move this post to a more appropriate forum.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

VinceField
Private E-1

Postby VinceField » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:41 am

cynicalwanderer
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby cynicalwanderer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:18 am

Sounds like something I'd read. Please post back when it's available on Kindle!
"I've stopped giving advice. Even when people ask for it, they resent getting it." -Ross Macdonald.

VinceField
Private E-1

Postby VinceField » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Return to Success Stories