Hello, my name is Jesse Olson

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
JesseO
Private E-1

Hello, my name is Jesse Olson

Postby JesseO » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:52 pm

Hello all, my name is Jesse Olson.
I have recently began writing a few years ago because I was bored and ended up enjoying it. I am working on my 2nd book right now. My first book is "Learn to Wait" by me Jesse R. Olson. The book is about theft in restaurants and explains their vulnerabilities in detail to better assist managers and owners to prevent it for themselves. I use this book as a big business card for a consulting service for in-house analysis of specific problems in a facility if they can't figure it out themselves. I thought I would teach the methods in story format for entertainment of the reader and myself. I decided to put a character in a situation to better explain how it is performed and why. I am somewhat happy with the book but I want to write another one that covers similar topics but also focuses more on the character development of a server from beginning to end and their expected path to a misanthropic outlook on life. I am interested in finding other books that cover topics that teach information in a fictional story format to see how others do it or just some ideas from other writers.

Anyway. Hello, hope to learn a lot here. Thanks all.

/JesseO

Here is a link to my book on amazon if you would like to pick up a paperback or a more paper friendly kindle edition.
http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Wait-Jesse- ... rn+to+wait

Description :
Theft, sex, drugs and indulgence inevitably mark the life of a long-term restaurant server. Spencer is not immune from these influences. This is a story, more common than should be, of the life of a service industry worker and his means of increasing his income. The story dives headfirst into how Spencer steals from guests, fellow servers, and the restaurant itself, and explains the simple, yet hard-to-track, methods in full detail. The best thief smiles at you while his hand is in your piggy bank. He fuels his consumption-based lifestyle with ease and without a second thought of what it does to his community. Take a look into a life of lost morals and an unquenchable desire for higher income.

pls
Site Admin

Re: Hello, my name is Jesse Olson

Postby pls » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:31 pm

Since this post turned into a promo, I'll move it to "Success Stories", the only forum where self-promotion is allowed.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

JesseO
Private E-1

Postby JesseO » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:16 pm

I wouldn't call my book a success at all but thank you for saying so. I was just explaining where I have been and where I want to go with my writing. Thank you for Making my name blue.

jrishi110
Private E-1

Postby jrishi110 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:29 am

As I am a success story lover I will definitely want my success story also to be published in future. Hoping so..

Return to Success Stories