Hello, My Name Is Aurelia

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
Alyndrya
Private E-1

Hello, My Name Is Aurelia

Postby Alyndrya » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi, my name is Aurelia, and I am a writer... Lol I have been writing since I was 12 years old and now I am 38. I've been writing Fanfiction for 20 years and have put out 180 short stories and novels for various Fandoms. I enjoy writing Romance, Erotica, Fantasy, Supernatural, and Horror.

I just finally achieved my lifelong dream of publishing a story. It went up onto Amazon on Christmas Eve 2015 as a present to myself. It's called The Honoured Guest (Pen name Aurelia Destiny) and is a blend of Fantasy and Horror. I have sold 22 copies so far.

http://www.amazon.com.au/The-Honoured-G ... B019UV7ED0

I feel sort of inept, to be honest, though I have done what I always wanted. I have huge dreams planned; a 38 Supernatural Romance series (Already with summaries and some with full outlines start to finish) and 34 short stories in Horror and Erotica. I live and breath writing. I think of plots every hour of every day.

I have found that after two years of writer's block, I am not to back to the level of writing that I used to be. I used to write daily and now I am lucky to do so each week. I have consoled myself by editing old stories. I want to get these written so badly, but it's very frustrating to me that it cost $700 just to get a 19,000 word story into Amazon Kindle. I can't afford that every time. I shudder to think where I'm going to find over $1,000 to get one of my novels edited. :( Then there is the cover design...

I can write, and well, but the money aspect is really dragging me down. I am becoming depressed and stressed and wondering if I'll ever get the readers that I would really love.

I want to be published professionally, in softcover, with a publishing company, and get my books out there. I don't even know how I'm going to do this. I have a fanbase already who are supporting me and will buy my books, but I wanted to get my imagination to a larger audience.

The original idea was actually to submit The Honoured Guest to TOR or another magazine, but it got too big. I still want to submit it to a magazine, but I think that would be considered a reprint. Is that actually right? If I self-publish on Amazon and it's not through a publishing company or another magazine, is it actually a reprint? I wish I knew, because I did find a few magazines who took reprints, but not ones as big as mine. If it's not considered a reprint though, I might be able to find a magazine to take it. I guess it's almost hit novella status now?

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Anyway, thanks for letting me introduce myself and ramble on. I have nobody to talk to that's another writer who wants to be published too, or has been.

Hugs,
Aurelia

pls
Site Admin

Re: Hello, My Name Is Aurelia

Postby pls » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:08 pm

Your inclusion of a link to your published book automatically will move this post into "Success Stories". This is the only forum where self-promotion is allowed on the WD forums.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to Success Stories