Yeahhhh

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
LilliesCarol
Colonel

Yeahhhh

Postby LilliesCarol » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:58 am

A story I wrote about my husband two months before he died, has been published in a book about old time Wisconsin. I was so pleased that Matt read the story before I sent it in and I'm sure he is smiling now that it has been published.

One of my fellow Wisconsin writers sent in a story also and he too was published and brought in a copy of the book to our writer's group meeting. I have a two page spread plus a picture of my husband with his dad and two brothers. I' ordered my copy yesterday. This company HOMETOWN MEMORIES LLC, publishes regional living history books. If anyone is interested to see what they are working on now, can contact them in Hickory, NC There is no payment for your story, but knowing your story will be seen and/or read by hundreds of people, is a great thrill.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: Yeahhhh

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:23 am

That is heartwarming news, Carol. I'm so glad Matt was able to read your story. Thank you, too, for the info about the publishers. Congratulations. You are getting to be quite the published author!
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Return to Success Stories