[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
My first critique forum post led to... : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

My first critique forum post led to...

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
Laycrew
Major

My first critique forum post led to...

Postby Laycrew » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:05 pm

My first forum post was the first chapter to The Children of Dragons. I learned a mountain of information after posting from many of you and the posts I've made and read here. It has taken a few years to get this so it was story with more showing that telling and getting the word count under control for a first book and all that. Lots of learning went into this.

I have dived back into it after writing several other novels and decided I wanted to self-publish this book series. Now I think it is so much better than it ever was. If you've read the first chapter I posted years ago, you will know that it is Raven's face on the cover.

Here is the link. It is only on Amazon right now for 0.99 for a short time at that price. It will be available for Nook soon and I am getting it ready to be published through CreateSpace as well.

Here is the link to The Children of Dragons:Awakening. Honestly, this wouldn't be the book that is without the members of this forum. Thanks you guys!!!! :D

updog
General of the Army

Re: My first critique forum post led to...

Postby updog » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Congratulations, Kim. I remember Raven and her brother and that first scene you ever posted. :)
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

JessC
Private E-1

Postby JessC » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:09 pm

Very nice! I've read it from the link you posted. Congratulations!

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:32 pm

Return to Success Stories