[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Legend of Little Sharpshooter : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

The Legend of Little Sharpshooter

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
Laycrew
Major

The Legend of Little Sharpshooter

Postby Laycrew » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:13 pm

I've been working on editing this for weeks now and I've finally released The Legend of Little Sharpshooter on Amazon. I posted the first chapter in YA a few years ago and you guys gave me great feedback and it was my first NaNoWriMo success. It had some agent attention with a couple of R&Rs with no direction. Because I love this story as is, I decided to take control and send it out there. I have had the unedited version on Wattpad and has been getting some love there.

I wanted to distribute this wide but I second guessed myself because I've been getting reads on High Pressure System on the Kindle Unlimited program.I discovered some new info yesterday that makes me wish I didn't select KU but I'll just wait until November when the 90 days is over to send this one out everywhere. I won't do that with my next novel length story.

Laycrew
Major

Re: The Legend of Little Sharpshooter

Postby Laycrew » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Right after publishing Little Sharpshooter, I entered it to the Underground Book Reviews for review and it was selected as Pitch Perfect Pick of the week a couple weeks ago. It is featured on their website. Scroll down to the July 27th Picks of the week if you want to see it. There's a possibility it could be selected for review in the future. Crossing fingers.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 pm

I'm posting this link to the website I used to submit it for anyone who wants to try and get some more exposure. My book is listed there too.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:09 am

Thank you for the link, Laycrew. I think I'll give it a try.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:40 pm

Here is the good stuff-

1. I guess rankings matter and putting your book in good categories on Amazon can help you out. Since its release, The Legend of Little Sharpshooter has been in the top 100 of Young Adult Westerns. I haven't had a lot of sales so it hasn't taken much to keep it there. Last night it was #20 and also in the top 100 of 19th century YA.

2. I'm trying to do a bunch of fun stuff with what I have out this month because September is my birthday month and I could do a lot of things with what I have out to promote them. I've been learning lots while I go cross-eyed over editing. The Legend of Little Sharpshooter is on sale this week. It is $0.99 and we will see what happens with my rankings as I have it being promoted on a few promo sites this week.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:08 pm

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:33 pm

This looks good for you, Laycrew. Thank you for keeping us privy to what's going on saleswise for you. I'm learning a lot from you and I expect others are, too,
BTW I've downloaded your dragon story but it will be a while before I can read it. Just started Bleak House which is a looooooong book. (In fact, it is two.)
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:49 pm

Return to Success Stories