[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Welcome to Gray City : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Welcome to Gray City

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
CallMeJake
Private E-1

Welcome to Gray City

Postby CallMeJake » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:13 pm

My debut novel is now available at Amazon. This full-length (60,000+ words) e-book is a straightforward, linear, easy-to-read humorous detective novel and is the first in a series. Welcome to Gray City is written to entertain...nothing more, nothing less. If you enjoy a lighthearted mystery, or "a rollicking good yarn", this book might be for you.

I really wanted to see my first work on the shelves of the local bookstore (don't we all), but my query letters to agents apparently were not interesting enough. I think my book is a much better read than my queries. But I did complete my manuscript, it's been proofed, copy-edited, and it's available for the world to see. To me, that's a success! And I'm almost finished with book #2!

I've had a few full-priced sales. I'm antsy and hoped that sales would soar but they're only dribbling in a few at a time. Now I've listed this novel on the Kindle Unlimited program in hopes that many more people will read it through the program or the Kindle Owner's Lending Library. I am also running a Free Promotion on June 9th(Please Note: this is a corrected date, and runs midnight to midnight PST, June 9) I'd really like to get some reviews, whether good, bad, or indifferent. Hopefully, you'll find my work funny.

Here's a link to my web page, and there's a great big button on page one that will take you to my book at Amazon. Thank you for looking, and I hope you'll enjoy!

CallMeJake
Private E-1

Re: Welcome to Gray City

Postby CallMeJake » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:55 am

Thank you to everyone who downloaded a copy of my e-book. I hope each of you will find something inside that will give you a chuckle or make you smile.
J.K. Bowen

Return to Success Stories