[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
High Pressure System- Box set results Pg 4 : Success Stories • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

High Pressure System- Box set results Pg 4

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
Laycrew
Major

Re: High Pressure System

Postby Laycrew » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:26 pm

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:26 pm

Bought!
The Rule of Three

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:17 pm

I downloaded Part III today, Kim. Looking forward to reading it. :D
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:33 pm

I have the first two parts and will get the 3rd soon. Hardest part for me is getting reviews up. I suck at reviews.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:58 pm

Oh, wow you all! Thanks so much!! :D Now I'm a little nervous too. :?

I've been working on the 4th and final part for the "season". and having a little insecurity happening.

Laycrew
Major

Re: High Pressure System-Hit #1 in one hour reads in..

Postby Laycrew » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:15 pm

I've been working on some free promos to see if I can gain some more traction. Today I was able to join about 50 other authors that had their Science Fiction or Fantasy first in series books free. It worked really well. It was free and everyone involved cross promoted the whole thing.

I also put the second part free since the first one so short. I hope to gain some sales on Part three. The big thing I should have done is get my mailing list figured out and put in the book. All indie authors swear by this.

So as of 5pm my time there have been 200 downloads of Part one the past 2 days. I only had 15 yesterday. All of the action came from the promo. That boosted Part Two I'm sure. It has had 55 today. I started that free sale a day later than Part One.

Here is my ranking right now-
Part One
#846 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
• #1 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
• #1 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
• #6 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Literature & Fiction

Part Two
#2,985 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
• #7 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
• #15 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
• #28 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Literature & Fiction

I'm looking forward to participating in the $0.99 sale promo this author is doing for Science Fiction and Fantasy novel length books at the beginning of December. I have The Children of Dragons ready for that one.

If you want to see the free promo books, look into advertising with her this December, here is where you can check it out.

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Re: High Pressure System-Hit #1 in...see page 3

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Pretty cool info Laycrew.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:47 pm

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:45 am

Very nice.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:38 pm

This final part of what I'm calling the first season to High Pressure System was a beast. It is complicated with ideas that are a little over my head. But it was where the story was going. At the same time it almost paralyzed my progress. What a fight. But the final part is so full of action and much longer than the others. It's almost 40K. I could have divided it into two parts with the "serial" theme in mind but I would have had to buy another cover and I just wanted to wrap it up. The way all four parts progressed in size, I'm not fretting all that much. I kept the price the same as part 3 even though part 4 is much longer.

The plan later is to a "box set" with all four parts and I do have the cover and 3D box set visual for that. That will make the serial the size of a novel. I can cover the other benefits of box sets later when it comes to advertising and such when I get that far.

I believe I'm still reaping the benefits of the free downloads in early November. I've gained 2 more reviews of Part One recently(I'm dying, they are 5 stars :D ) and am having some sales follow through on the other parts.

I've crammed on editing the past two days and making coherent sentences is a struggle.

PreviousNext

Return to Success Stories