[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
High Pressure System- Box set results Pg 4 : Success Stories • Page 4 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

High Pressure System- Box set results Pg 4

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: High Pressure System-Part Four...see page 3

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:45 pm

You are very generous and frank with the results of your promotions, Laycrew. Thank you for showing us that sales CAN be made. I must admit I was envious when I read the download figures. Boy, it's a good day for me if I get two! I'll try to download Part IV this weekend and let you have my comments as soon as possible. It might take a while seeing it is 40K words long. I can see me bragging that I "know" the most recent hot writer, K.D. Kinney, in the not too distant future. :D
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:18 pm

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:45 pm

Yes, a bit like sweeping up a pile of crumbs with an old dustpan ... you have to keep at it!
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:13 am

So I did something. I debated whether to wait a little bit since I just released part 4 or take advantage of the post Christmas sales. I asked a few people whether to release a box set so soon. Didn't get a lot of feedback that said yes. The reasons they said wait weren't really things that applied to me. I did a Google search that made some good points as to why going ahead with a box set would benefit me.

I compiled all four parts and bought a 3D cover that looks like a box set.

Here's the reasoning behind it. This ebook has all 4 parts, it looks like 4 books with the 3D cover. I priced it so it is a dollar less than buying each one individually so it is $4.99 but I make more in royalties because I get 70% from the box set instead of 35% which is how low their prices are now. Because they were parts to a serial, they were on the short side but the whole thing is around 90K in total. I can't go wide until the last part comes out of Kindle Select of KU in 3 months so the whole box will come out then too. Then I can do something different. Offer the first one for free and change the pricing on everything when I can go wide.

At the moment I am also taking advantage of some different categories and keywords on Amazon to see how it does and if I can get some momentum with it being a new release touching in some places the first four parts haven't been.

The other thing I'm trying is advertising on Facebook. This one guy Mark Dawson does some great stuff with his box sets and advertising on Facebook. Probably not the best timing to do Facebook ads while Christmas advertising is slamming Facebook already. But I want it working now so I can make tweaks until the post Christmas stuff.

If you're interested in the box set, I did make it free for Tuesday Dec 22. That way hopefully people will download it and I can get gain some reviews. Then that also opens opportunities for me for advertising. They say box sets do really well and the other parts weren't quite long enough for some of the better promo sites.

We'll see how this goes. The reviews I'm getting are pretty positive and people want to keep reading it. I'll reevaluate a few things before I start season 2 but I'm on hold with it until I get some other things published.

Laycrew
Major

Re: High Pressure System-Box set results

Postby Laycrew » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:18 pm

So far this boxed set is outperforming everything else I have published right now. When I set it free for a day I had over 121 downloads. The next day I had accumulated 2 five star reviews. :o That put me in shock. I was ecstatic over that.

I put this in other categories that the first 4 weren't in. Made sure I didn't have it in YA. Funny thing was, one of the reviews mentioned it was a YA when I didn't have it there this time.

I've been running a Facebook ad. I have some issue with it because it isn't registering conversions. They have this pixel thing and I haven't taken the time to look into how to use it effectively. They made changes on the simple ad page from when I first started tinkering with ads. I turned it off for a couple days because of the zero on conversions and turned it back on late on the 25th. I can see it is working. I have been consistently making more than the ad costs to run everyday since it has been on. It stops on the 30th. I'll determine whether to turn it off then. If I linked an Instagram account to my Facebook I'd have one more avenue of advertising going out there. So there is more potential for this type of thing to work even better.

Also I'm sure I mentioned this is enrolled in Kindle Select so it is available to Kindle Unlimited subscribers. It is my longest book and I'm getting plenty of page reads. That's where most of my income is coming from.

Previous

Return to Success Stories