Does it count?

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
Aspiring

Does it count?

Postby Aspiring » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:17 am

Aspiring

Does it count?

Postby Aspiring » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:17 am

Does it count as a success story if an agent asked for the first 100 pages of a novel based on an email query? With all the rejection I've faced, I'll take it as a little success. I'm trying to be optimistic and not anticipate the rejection, but I know how much competition is out there and I fear that the "art of story telling" part of my writing process is weak. I'm hoping for at least enough of a response to these pages to know where to go from here.

Also, another note of thanks for everyone who gave me feedback on the query & 1st chapter. You got me this far. Thank you, thank you!

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

RE: Does it count?

Postby abqwriter » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:01 am

Have you ever watched horse barrel racing at a rodeo?

I've come to envision seeking an agent as such an event.  First barrel is to complete the novel.  Second barrel is to write a good enough query to catch an agent's interest that results in a request for more.  Third barrel is signing with an agent.  Then there's the race to home, that long awaited contract with a real, live publisher.

Consider yourself successfully around two barrels!  And just think, there's more than one rodeo.  There's a whole circuit around the US, so you have plenty of chances to make it all the way home - even if you knock down the second or third barrel several times in a row!

Aspiring

RE: Does it count?

Postby Aspiring » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:31 am

Thank you, as always, for your encouragement. How'd the interview go?

Return to Success Stories