[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SOLD ONE : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

SOLD ONE

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
LilliesCarol
Colonel

SOLD ONE

Postby LilliesCarol » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:15 am

Hometown Memories LLC in Hickory, NC is publishing a book about Wisconsin and they have accepted my story about Matt and his early days growing up in Milwaukee. They are asking for pictures and if your picture is selected for the cover, you win $100 for that. Also, my two books are now available on Createspace and Amazon. They are GOD IS MY HELP and THUNDER WEATHER, the novel about my ancestors (namely my grandmother). I am so pleased to have accomplished something for posterity. YEAHH, specially since I will be 83 the end of April. So I say NEVER EVER GIVE UP.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

pls
Site Admin

Re: SOLD ONE

Postby pls » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:11 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Congratulations, Carol! I read the sample of "Thunder Weather" on Amazon, and now I'm hooked. If I wasn't so poor right now I'd have ordered a copy immediately. You can be sure I'll have a copy in my hands soon, as your grandmother's story sounds very interesting. It will be fun to read about her life.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:40 pm

Many congratulations, Carol. I already have God is my Help, and, as soon as I can, I'll be buying Thunder Weather, too. It sounds very interesting. Good luck with the sales! :D
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:18 pm

Thank you ever so much for your support. Matt's daughter came to visit over the weekend and she could not stop reading. That was a good sign, as she is an avid reader. Her comment, how did your grandma ever put up with him? And. in one part, I'll bet your mom never told you about that episode (referring to a small love scene). Umm was I being a naughty writer or just enhancing the story. You know mom's don't tell their kids everything. Tee Hee
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:57 am

that's great news, carol... congratulations!

love and hugs, maia
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:19 pm

That's wonderful, Carol! :D :D

CharlyT
Private E-1

Postby CharlyT » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:29 pm

That's awesome! Congrats!