[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Judgement : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Judgement

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
jasipper
Brigadier General

Judgement

Postby jasipper » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:05 am

jasipper
Brigadier General

Judgement

Postby jasipper » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:05 am

Hi all!

Well, I was asked to judge the student writing contest for Faulkner University's "Images in Ink". This is the second year in a row I've been afforded this honor. The students submit poems, essays, and short stories and are judged for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places as well as honorable mention. I really enjoyed reading and judging last year's competition. I guess they like the way I judge!

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

RE: Judgement

Postby abqwriter » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:16 am

What a nice opportunity.  Enjoy! 

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:40 am

Ellen
Sergeant First Class

Postby Ellen » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:46 am

Such a great news! Thanks for sharing. Proud of you!

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:04 am

JABarnes
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby JABarnes » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:56 pm

Awesome Josh, just keep building up that literary resume....

Talis1
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Talis1 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:30 pm

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun reading the submissions :)

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:33 am

Thanks Jay/Jenn!

Last year, I gave an honorable mention to one that just cracked me up. It wasn't absolutely extraordinary, but it was creative and hilarious.

It chronicled Batman's life, strting with how he climbed up buldings and fought off guys and ending with Batman having a bad back from years of crime fighting. At the end of each line, he says, "I'm the Bat, I'm the Man, I'm the Batman..."

It cracked me up so that I had to give it something...

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:26 am

I finished judging the competition, by the way. There wasn't nearly as much talent this year, but it was fun. I had to struggle to find the top 4. I plan to keep judging for as long as I'm asked. For my trouble each year, I'm rewarded with a gift certificate to BAM! Now I just have to figure out what I want to get with it...

Next

Return to Success Stories