[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
<faints> : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
Darkeangyle
Private First Class

Postby Darkeangyle » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:40 am

Darkeangyle
Private First Class

Postby Darkeangyle » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:40 am

Well, I've sent out close to 15 query letters, have received 4 rejections (good ones) and just received one that is asking me to send in more as she is interested in my work.

Wow!

I know the assistance you all have provided me thus far has definately aided me to this point. I will keep you all up to date on what transpires!

Robyn

Darkeangyle
Private First Class

Postby Darkeangyle » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:41 am

*pulls up her chair, sitting herself in front of the fire. Gently opening a bottle of ale, she begins to inhale the fresh scent of pine and heather encompassing the room. Clearing her voice, she smiles, her eyes shining with joy.*

Well, I've sent out close to 15 query letters, have received 4 rejections (good ones) and just received one that is asking me to send in more as she is interested in my work.

Wow!

*Tips the bottle back, enjoying the flow of the warm liquid down her throat*

I know the assistance you all have provided me thus far has definately aided me to this point. I will keep you all up to date on what transpires!

Robyn

jasipper
Brigadier General

RE:

Postby jasipper » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:02 am

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

RE:

Postby abqwriter » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:11 am

Congrats, Robyn.  You're one step closer!  Best wishes, and please let us know how it goes.

Curious
Lieutenant

RE:

Postby Curious » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:14 am

Way to go! You're moving right along that path toward those dreams!

Clare

wrtrsblck

RE:

Postby wrtrsblck » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:55 pm

I hope when you all become huge successes you will not forget the little people from the boards :-) Good Luck to you!!!!

Christy

Gooblink
Major General

RE:

Postby Gooblink » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:22 pm

Oh, that's wonderful! I'll tip one here in your honor!

jmar2
Major General

RE:

Postby jmar2 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:16 am

"An' to be sure lass, 'tis a grand thing you be doin'. How about passin' a wee drop my way? Ahh, that's the girl. "

Congrats. Thanks for sharing your imagination with us.

John

Aspiring

RE:

Postby Aspiring » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:55 am

I still feel like such a newbie, and don't know all of you as well as you know each other, but I would like to offer a heartfelt "Congrats!" I wish you all the best and will look forward to hearing more about your successes. I find that every time one of you gets a positive reaction like this, I am inspired; if the real people I'm reading on the boards can have these successes, eventually maybe I can too. Congratulations & good luck!

Next

Return to Success Stories