My 1st FB Live appearance (my author interview)

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
mikeyboy_esq
Private First Class

My 1st FB Live appearance (my author interview)

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:02 am

Last Thursday night, I appeared as a guest on another person's FB live event and was interviewed about my latest book (a self-publishing guide). This was my first time to be in a FB live event, and I didn't know what to expect. The interview went well other than a minor sound glitch that I corrected within the first minute and occasionally my picture on the screen was blurry (not sure if that had anything to do with me using my iPhone 7 instead of a computer). Anyway, it lasted 40 minutes and the comments from the live audience seemed positive. I was shocked to find out that I sold 9 books that day and another 5 the next day (typically I sell 2 or 3 books per day). So that was a pleasant surprise! I think it probably helped that the person who interviewed me (Sharon Jenkins) has been doing FB live interviews every night for the past 2 months and she has started to build up a small, but loyal following. Anyway, I just wanted to share this experience and I hope to do more FB live events in the near future.
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

H_Amad
Private E-1

Re: My 1st FB Live appearance (my author interview)

Postby H_Amad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:57 pm

Congratulations, that sounds pretty cool.

mikeyboy_esq
Private First Class

Re: My 1st FB Live appearance (my author interview)

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:31 pm

Thanks!
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

Return to Success Stories