Made the Hot New Releases #12 on Amazon!

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
b.sherman

Made the Hot New Releases #12 on Amazon!

Postby b.sherman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:19 am

Hot New Releases in Time Travel Romance :)

So excited, woke up today to a rank of #27,574 in Paid in kindle store, and at #12 in the Hot New Releases for my genre!
Feeling very happy and grateful right now.
It's nice to be able to share here, I don't have any friends who write, so although my family is excited, they don't truly understand how much this means to me.
Thanks for letting me share. 8-)

lesliemunnelly

Re: Made the Hot New Releases #12 on Amazon!

Postby lesliemunnelly » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:51 am

That Is totally awesome! Congratulations!!!

b.sherman

Postby b.sherman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:41 am

Thank you!! Amazon is waaay too distracting today, I keep checking in to see the numbers, haha!
Need to get back to the important stuff, uhm, like writing, I suppose.
Tx for letting me screech a bit ;)

EccentricKim

Postby EccentricKim » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:41 pm

congratulations! (says number 400,000 or so. lol)

ETA: Apparently I've risen to 43,000 in Kindle and 117,00 overall. Hooray! But I have never made a list . . . that's freaking awesome!
Last edited by EccentricKim on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previously published writer starting over.

allz28

Postby allz28 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:26 pm

Congrats! I think your book description is very good. It's definitely helping your sales.

b.sherman

Postby b.sherman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Thanks so much! Wow, what a crazy couple days. Just trying to get my head on straight now and plug along.
TY for the input on the blurb as well, I worried about that quite a bit. My husband is not a reader, and certainly not a romance reader, so he did not review my work until it hit Amazon. Of course then he made a comment that he didn't understand the blurb, and I about had a nervous breakdown, haha!

EccentricKim

Postby EccentricKim » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 pm

If he is not a reader, ignore. Congratulations again ! lol
Previously published writer starting over.

b.sherman

Postby b.sherman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:23 pm

EccentricKim wrote:If he is not a reader, ignore. Congratulations again ! lol

Haha, yeah, I DO have to ignore him. I almost let him read a first draft, but when he said, "It's romance?! Is it like that 50 Shades stuff??" I decided to find fellow romance authors to review it instead. :lol:
Romance it is, erotica it is not. Sheesh, if I tried to write like that, it would be an awful lot of pressure on my personal life, hmm?

Ultimate Cheapskate

Postby Ultimate Cheapskate » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:56 am

Congratulations, that's terrific!

Yes, watching your Amazon rankings can be terribly addicting. Since they're so temperamental (changing hourly), you might want to check out this website http://www.novelrank.com/track.php (it's FREE) that allows you to track the sales on Amazon (both print and Kindle) of any book and converts your sales rankings into "estimated" copy sales. I've found their estimates to be pretty accurate, and once you start monitoring your book on the site, it keeps track of your sales rankings (and, again, estimated copy sales) over time, so you can begin to look back to see how it's gone up and down and try to figure out what things do/don't impact sales.

Also on Amazon via your author's page, there are now some pretty neat (and, again, FREE) features for tracking your estimated book sales (print only) in bookstores across the country using Bookscan data. It, too, is only an estimate, but I find it very useful (particularly the one tool where sales are shown on a map for different parts of the country) for judging the impact - or lack of impact! - for various promotional/media stuff I do, like local radio show in various markets across the country.

Congratulations again, and good luck!
- Jeff Yeager --- http://www.UltimateCheapskate.com
Author, "The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches" and three other fine-but-cheap books published by Random House
NBC TODAY Show's Ultimate Cheapskate
Blogging at AARP.org

Next

Return to Success Stories