[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Best Part About Writing Fiction Is ... - 3/8 : Writing Prompts and Challenges • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

The Best Part About Writing Fiction Is ... - 3/8

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
jagrova
Private E-1

RE: The Best Part About Writing Fiction Is ... - 3/8

Postby jagrova » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:01 pm

The best part about writing fiction is going along for the ride your characters take as you explore their problems and dilemmas.

rosebud
Major

Re: The Best Part About Writing Fiction Is ... - 3/8

Postby rosebud » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:33 pm

The best part about writing fiction is being able to paint a picture with words.

ewesleyx80
Private E-1

Postby ewesleyx80 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:57 pm

The best part about writing fiction is when your characters are so real that they tell YOU to go take a whizz because you were holding it for too long just to write! :-))

home@dawn
Private E-1

Postby home@dawn » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:19 pm

The best part about writing fiction is that I have ultimate control. In my daily life, there are so many conditions which I am unable to effect. From the weather to social issues, I am helpless.

But not so with writing.

When I sit down and begin to write fiction, I suddenly become a god-like force. I create images from nothing. I force love. I form characters. I cause characters to mourn. I develop more life and love. I allow hate. I permit death.

From nothing, I am able to create characters with words as alive as the very breath I breathe right now. She has long flowing brunette locks, with gray eyes which pierce your soul when her eyes fall upon you. She is brought to life in a decade long forgotten by the present day survivors. Her age is sixteen, or thirty, or fifty depending on my choice. Her skin is olive skin may be aged by the toiling her endured over the years within the sun, or she may be a pampered princess with porcelain features. I create.

I form character traits which impact other characters. She is simple and innocent. He is majestic and self-absorbed. Her simplicity combines with his majesty to create social conflict. Her innocence counterbalances his self-absorbent nature developing deeper character in each as he learns to give of himself to gain that which his heart desires, and she learns to accept him completely.

Writing permits two written souls to fall innocently in love for life, and to love beyond the flaws of the other. Though he should never permit his heart to be captured by her, he is not strong enough to restrain. His heart wins in the end. And though she should not permit one of such prideful ambitions, she sees beyond his exterior and rank to see the beauty of his soul.

Children develop within a mother’s womb as blessings. The love of two grows tangibly within his mother’s belly as the gloating father admires the movements of his child just blow the surface of his mother’s skin. The child is safe, warm and naturally protected.

Jealousy boils over as the loveless brother watches the painful reminder of what he once condemned. Jealousy gives way to passionate thoughts. And passionate thoughts give way to thoughtless actions. The result? The death of a mother and her child even before he could take his first breath. Hate from denial. Murder as revenge.

No matter who the characters become, as a writer, I love each. I love each for her struggles, his passion, their endurance and, yes, even their flaws. As God so loves His creation, so I love each character, each scene, each time period, each moment, be it horrid, blissful, tragic, or victorious. It comes from nothing, but fiction gives me the ultimate say so in a world which I seldom feel I am able to impact. I become the Creator!

.K.Kerns
Private E-1

Postby .K.Kerns » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:21 am

The best part about writing fiction is I can throw anything in the mix. Comparing it to cooking, writing fiction is by far the easiest recipe to mix up (double entendra intended). It can be both bitter and sweet, and work. It can be both contented and frightful, and work.
The best part of writing fiction is the fact that fiction is best served as a variety of acts to the reading palette. A thriller can possess calm in its midst and a love story can, hopefully, contain a bit of suspense.

It’s in the (gasp) of reading through a line that we know we are had. It’s in the physical inability to put a book down that we as readers know we are captured even if only by the penned words of another. How genius is that.

And the other best part of writing fiction is it’s just great therapy, we can pay homage to our favorite people and put all the persons we dislike in the worst parts of the story line. We can commit murder and mayhem and still enjoy our freedoms.

In summation, the best part of writing fiction is the License to … do anything.

KingRalph
Private E-1

Postby KingRalph » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:56 am

The best part of writing fiction is that with a vivid imagination, I am allowed to create anything and anyone. No rules and it's all mine, for better or worse.

I began watercolor painting four years ago and am finding that writing is most similar. I am permitted to begin with a clean piece of paper and let my creative energies flow.

Roselin777
Private E-1

Postby Roselin777 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:46 pm

You could kill someone, confess, and no one would know.

Love2_Write
Private E-1

Postby Love2_Write » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:22 pm

The best part of writing fiction is the utter thrill of twisting imagination into multiple words, sounds, and phrases; the illumination of a face after having completed reading a particularly riveting piece of work, which is ultimately the satisfaction of the reader. It is the fact that there are no limitations and plenty of suggestions; in fiction, the rules can be bent and broken. In fiction, the possibilities are endless. I love writing fiction just because I thrive at it, and with the unspoken law of freedom in fiction, I can let my mind run free in the land of wild words, just waiting to be written.

KMASU13
Private E-1

Postby KMASU13 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:24 pm

The best part of writing fiction is the being able to lose yourself in the characters you created, to be able to feel the emotions your characters feel. Also to be able to have someone's destiny, their dreams, and ambitions solely in your hands, having full control.

rosebud
Major

Postby rosebud » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges