A Good Read 10/16-10/22

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
Lauren.
Private E-1

Re: A Good Read 10/16-10/22

Postby Lauren. » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:53 am

The book that first inspired me to read more was Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. The way she writes, the detail and description she goes into is truly fantastic. The historical facts and research she clearly puts into her work brings it to life. Im sure that her book would inspire many more budding authors to write.

MeganElizabeth
Private E-1

RE: A Good Read 10/16-10/22

Postby MeganElizabeth » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:29 pm

The book that has inspired me as a writer has to be "Endless Love" by Scott Spencer. I had always known that I wanted to write in the future, but this book really triggered my writing desires.

Spencer's use of rich text and description offers insight to Jade and David's romance to a point where I felt I was equally involved with their affair. After reading said book, I had changed dramatically.

I now knew that I wanted to write as well as he did and I wanted to capture an audiences attention the way he captured mine.

tinytomato
Private E-1

RE: A Good Read 10/16-10/22

Postby tinytomato » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:20 pm

really a better question for me would be what AUTHOR so I'm going to answer my version of the question. the author that inspired me would be rick riordan. my reason is because of his creativity and ability to hook his readers and perfect ability to think of names (i know weird reason). his perfect ability to go by the book (nonfiction book i mean) about the greek, roman, and egyption mythology gods goddesses and creatures. i love mythology and i admire his writing. he is the reason why i am now trying to publish some of my short stories and a book(maybe)

Previous

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges