Starring In Your Movie ... 08/01-08/07

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
Brian
Lieutenant

Postby Brian » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:11 am

Brian
Lieutenant

Postby Brian » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:11 am

Hollywood producers are making a film based on your life and have put you in charge of casting. They want it as realistic as possible, so they ask that you pick actors and actresses who look the part. Who would you pick to play your family and friends, and, more important, who will play you?

Please limit your response to 500 words or fewer.

yudelka
Captain

RE: Starring In Your Movie ... 08/01-08/07

Postby yudelka » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:17 am

Hubby: Jim Carrey or Buzz Lightyear
Friend #3: Johnny Bravo
;) :)
Don't know about the rest yet.

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:09 am

This is not easy. It requires that I know more movie stars than I really care about. I'll go as far as I can tough.

wife: Sandra Bullock

me: Burt Reynolds (with me as stand-in during love scenes)ex-wife: Bernadette Peters

Mom: Elizabeth Taylor

Dad: Walter Matthau

Best male friend: Michael Caine

Best female friend: Gillian Anderson

Roseblood
Private E-2

Postby Roseblood » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:53 pm

The heavily fictionalized script IS already available...well, it's two screenplays, one as a child and one as an adult. Any producer interested? They've been rejected by some of the best. :D

MOVIE ABOUT CHILD ME
Me as a child - some unknown actress - scruffy kid with a blonde ponytail and blue eyes, who giggles nervously and is at ease only when alone. Pain and fear have darkened her eyes.

Brothers - also unknowns - two redneck-looking kids, one gregarious, freckled blonde and the other quiet, brooding with coal black hair - the image of sunshine and shadow, loved and loathed sons

Father - Robert DiNiro (reprising his Cape Fear role - what happens when psychos reproduce)

Mother - Holly Hunter (may need to lose weight to appear anorexic)

Art Teacher Friend - Reese Witherspoon (very serious role, would be a good stretch role for her)

Teacher's love interest - Orlando Bloom

MOVIE ABOUT ADULT ME
Me - Sigourney Weaver or Diane Lane (both would have to put on a few lbs. for the role ;D) or maybe Kathleen Turner (no extra poundage needed)

My daughter - Kirsten Dundst (would also need to gain a little weight for the role)

Mentor/tailor friend - Morgan Freeman (perfect as he is!)

Romantic interest - Sean Connery...eh, Harrison Ford...okay, Tim Allen.

Friend/stripper - Kathy Najimi (would have to go platinum blonde for this role) This is a fictionalized part. My friend is really an actress, NOT a stripper...although one might argue the distinction. She has played Tessie La Tour.

Friend/stripper - Whoopi Goldberg (also NOT a stripper, but a SAHM who would choke me if she knew how I cast her)

Brothers - Luke and Owen Wilson

Ex-husband - Billy Bob Thornton

The ho (new wife) - can't remember the actress' name - she played the witch that turned into the cat in Harry Potter. She has the perfect face and demeanor for the role. Heehee. Meow.

Strip club owner (the fictionalized part again--I swear) - Carroll O'Conner

Gay friend - Lance Bass ('nuf said)

huntemann
Private E-2

Postby huntemann » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:33 pm

Oh, I’m afraid this would be such a boring movie as lived. But, I’d like to put these people into a room, with these rolls and tell them to ad-lib something, just see what develops.

Me: John Lithgow
Wife: Sally Fields
Daughter 1: Jodie Foster
Daughter 2: Calista Flockhart
Son: Emilio Estevez
Mother: Shirley Jones
Dad: Robert Preston
Sister: Meryl Streep
Brother: Jonathan Winters
Male friend: Tom Cruise
Female friend: Meg Ryan

vade mecum
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby vade mecum » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:12 pm

My life was rather uneventful until I reached my twenties, so we will begin there. I am Nicole Kidman, and this movie will begin at age 27, with my marriage to Harrison Ford. My best friends, Sean Penn and Kirstie Alley, will be our attendants. My sisters are Liza Minelli, Sissy Spacek, Audrey Hepburn, Meryl Streep, Judy Garland, and Lucille Ball. They and my two brothers, Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Sheen, will accompany my parents, Gary Cooper and June Lockhart, to the wedding.

In the years after the wedding, our three children, Orlando Bloom, Adrian Grenier, and Keira Knightley, keep the action going. Life flows smoothly into old age, with friends passing as shadows in the night until all that remain are those I have found here in cyberspace. They will be my supporting cast; please send them each a large check for their role in the film.

eagletom
Private E-2

Postby eagletom » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:40 am

me - any actor whose hair is migrating from his head to his back
wife - sandra bullock who looks good w or w/o makeup and would be fun to know
son - either patrick from spongebob or jon heder (napolean dynamite)

StrangerBaird
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby StrangerBaird » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:59 am

Drew Barrymore would play me.
According to my little brother, though, I'd look just like Kirsten Dunst (as MJ) if I weighed less, wore pretty clothes and used make-up. I've lost weight since then, so maybe...gotta love the tact of 9 year old boys.
My dad is called Chuck Norris frequently. My mom could be played by Julia Roberts, aged with make-up.
My brother should play Tom Cruise, in his life-story...
Jim Carrey could be played by my other brother....

My best friend Iyo could be played by my other friend Jenn.

But we should all make some other movie together instead...

paperbackwriter
Private E-1

Postby paperbackwriter » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:03 pm

Me, Dustin Hoffman, brother Alan Alda, sister Jennifer Conolly, mother Joan Allen.
Best briend Tom, Niki Six. Next best friend Rob, James Gandolfinni.

Next

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges