I Will Consider Myself Successful When ... 4/12

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
shadowwalker
Captain

RE: I Will Consider Myself Successful When ... 4/12

Postby shadowwalker » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:54 am

I publish my first novel. Anything after that is gravy.

Gladys
Private E-2

Postby Gladys » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:44 am

I will consider mysefl a successful writer when I hear someone say there goes Gladys she wrote The Wildones and I loved reading it. You can get a copy in Chapters or in the library.

Jordan18
Private E-1

Re: I Will Consider Myself Successful When ... 4/12

Postby Jordan18 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:51 pm

I will consider myself a successful writer when I can read my words and know that they are a glimpse into my heart. I will consider myself very successful when other people see it too.

missycamp
Private E-1

Postby missycamp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:19 pm

As a writer, I will consider myself successful when I am finally able to share my heart and soul with others who feel or have felt the same. Or, just to share my short stories based on Writer's Digest prompts, for 'tweens' to adults to enjoy. I adore writing, and want nothing more than to share the fun with others who love to read. Getting published is my dream, but not for wealth or fame...it is for the sheer joy of sharing my myself and my works with others.

Anita_Dom
Private E-1

Postby Anita_Dom » Tue May 03, 2011 6:14 am

I will consider myself a successful writer when I have not only written, but have shared something that I have poured every little portion of myself into as opposed to only tidbits. I will consider myself even more successful when someone else reads it and actually sees myself within the words and connects to what I have said in the same manner that I have connected with so many other writers before.I want to leave readers breathless. Questioning themselves and the world around them.

Jen Daiker
Private E-1

Postby Jen Daiker » Wed May 04, 2011 9:13 am

As a writer, I will consider myself successful when I feel the timing is right. I think there are different stages to which you feel that you’ve accomplished something. The first one was admitting that I was a writer. Of course that took me to understand first what I considered a writer to be. In my eyes to call myself a writer I had to complete a manuscript. So I completed a manuscript, as crappy as it was I completed it and I felt on top of the world. Success! From there I still was not satisfied. I decided to now feel successful I needed to revise it, days went by and with much effort I ended up changing my tactics to writing another novel. Four novels later I tried once again to revise. Success! This time it worked. Following my heart I decided to query. The next success I’m looking for is to be agented. After that it will be to become published. For now I consider myself a success. It’s all about the different stages.

jagrova
Private E-1

Postby jagrova » Sat May 07, 2011 11:29 am

I will consider myself successful when I have crafted a story whose characters along with the situations and struggles they encounter are so believable the readers are transported to the universe I have created.

strawberrygirl29
Private E-1

Postby strawberrygirl29 » Mon May 23, 2011 2:26 pm

I will feel successful when my children read one of my books

strawberrygirl29
Private E-1

Postby strawberrygirl29 » Mon May 23, 2011 2:26 pm

I will feel successful when my children read one of my books

KatTheWannabBeWriter
Private E-1

Postby KatTheWannabBeWriter » Mon May 23, 2011 3:55 pm

I will consider myself successfull when...I have finished a book that is dedicated to my best friend who died last year.

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges