[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Your 2011 Resolutions - 1/4 : Writing Prompts and Challenges • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Your 2011 Resolutions - 1/4

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
Brian
Lieutenant

Postby Brian » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:21 am

Brian
Lieutenant

Postby Brian » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:21 am

What are your New Year's resolutions for 2011? Post them here and then at the end of the year, I'll feature this in the newsletter and ask you to check in to see which ones you've accomplished and reflect on your writing year.

You can post your response (750 words or fewer) here.

avalanche_of_elysium
Sergeant First Class

RE: Your 2011 Resolutions - 1/4

Postby avalanche_of_elysium » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:29 am

I don't need to make any resolutions. I'm perfect the way I am.

Okay, fine! I'll bite.

1. Get rid of the flab (bet you fifty bucks that'll never happen).

2. Become a better writer (bet you five-hundred bucks that will happen).

3. Complete my term paper (that has to happen or my teacher will flip).

4. Give my mom one thousand hugs (I've already started working on that one).

Happy New Year, everyone, and I hope we all become better human beings, thanks to our resolutions!

md198809
Private E-1

Re: Your 2011 Resolutions - 1/4

Postby md198809 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:32 am

Wow, not as many people replied to this as I thought they would! Well, alrighty then,

1.) Lose the Mama weight! About 60 lbs. Wish me luck with this one.
2.) Quit smoking. (An everlasting battle)
3.) Make sure my husband knows everyday that he is the love of my life.
4.) Finish...something...ANYTHING! to send in to a publisher finally.
5.) Become a guru at my new job!

Happy new year everyone!

whatevertheyaint
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby whatevertheyaint » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:25 am

1. Publish something this year (I say this every year and, sometimes, it works)
2. Scratch that--just write.
3. Cut the caffeine habit (I've said this for three years and, so far, it hasn't worked)
4. Continue to blog and gain new readers and contacts
5. Live. As long as I'm doing that the rest will fall into place.

babyblade
Private E-1

Postby babyblade » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:47 am

New Year Resolutions

The start of brand new year,
more resolutions to be set, changes to be made!
Fresh start! Turn over a new leaf!
Excessive Christmas indulgence weighs heavy on the wallet and waistline
so lose a few pounds and save a few pounds sits atop the list
in big bold letters, underlined!
But that size too small dress remains...a size too small,
hanging there as a testament to too many mince pies and pudding.
Running shoes that have seen more carpet than asphalt
remain expectant and hopeful beside the front door.
The hole in my wallet still needs mending,
and that huge pile of unfinished stories still looks at me dejectedly,
like a neglected puppy with big watery round eyes.
So my resolution for this year
is to actually finish som_

Trissa
Private E-2

Postby Trissa » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:56 am

1. Write more every day...or at least make attempt.
2. Get back on Weight Watchers.
3. Clear the clutter out of my basement!
4. Clear the clutter...period!
5. Learn another language.

Here's to a happy, healthy, prosperous New Year!

LindaDousay
Private E-1

Postby LindaDousay » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:23 am

Complete a draft on a book I've been "writing" for over ten years! I'm tired of talking about it...I will be 60 in February...it's time to quit circling this mountain and climb to the top.

scidney57
Private E-1

Postby scidney57 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:45 am

scidney57
Private E-1

Postby scidney57 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:45 am

Next

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges