[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Apologize to Your Conscience - 10/19 : Writing Prompts and Challenges • Page 5 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Apologize to Your Conscience - 10/19

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
Mz. SoulKitten
Private E-1

Re: Apologize to Your Conscience - 10/19

Postby Mz. SoulKitten » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:59 am

Hello Sara.

My name's Jay and I am extremely new to WD. I browsed around on the website, curious of how WD can make me a "better writer". As I skimmed thru the information, I came across the little writing exercises. Strangely, the "Apologize to Your Conscience" was the most easiest for me at the time. I really gained a powerful message reading your posting. It really moved me because I personally know people that let their jealousy get in the way of empathizing with another.

Anyhow, I think it was a great post. You probably don't need to hear this from an amatuer writer such as myself, but if I don't say this then I won't feel WRITE ;)

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Mz. SoulKitten
Private E-1

Postby Mz. SoulKitten » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:09 am

cool writing @DreamingWriterGirl

Mz. SoulKitten
Private E-1

Postby Mz. SoulKitten » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:52 am

Dear Conscience,

How are you today? It's really awkward asking you that because I feel like I'm talking to myself. I guess I'm dealing with a hince of guilt. Yes. I feel horrifically guilty for ignoring your warnings, reminders, and advice. I mean, what the heck is wrong with me? How can I treat you this way? How can I set goals and make promises that involves you and when the tough gets going, I don't want to hear a word you got to say? Instead, I lash out at you in my mind: "Oh shut up already! I know what I'm doing. I got this." But when the end of the day rolls around, I feel like a complete fool. I bet you be laughing at me but it's cool. I know that you'll be there for me the next time around, rather I listen or not.

So I would like to apologize for wasting your time, almost everytime. I apologize for incorporating you into my plans and not hearing you out. For being so stubborn. For being me.

Sincerely,
Your Outter Self

anyuta34i
Private E-1

Postby anyuta34i » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:12 pm

This is what the 5scammers expect, the check will only bounce about 3 weeks to a month later at which point your bank will take back the money leaving you short of the shipping money. The best way of avoiding this fraud is not to sell your vehicle to someone who wants to pay the shipper.I hope all this hasn't scared you away from the Internet, If you are sensible and wary about offers that seem too good to be true then you should be Ok, just apply the same commonsense you use in everyday life, after all if a stranger walked up to you in the street and said "Hi I am from your bank what's your credit card number and PIN"

D3x3001
Private E-1

RE: Apologize to Your Conscience - 10/19

Postby D3x3001 » Wed May 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Dear Josh,
From all of us up here inside your brain and subconscious we wanted to apologize. Remember when you wanted to stay away from the dark tunnel down by the railroad tracks but you went in anyway? That was our boy curiosity up in here. We tried to tell him know but he wanted to know what the tunnel had in store for all of us. Although you still need us we have gotten you into some trouble that we'd like to address. First off we'd like to apologize for not letting you know that the one girl you dated in high school during junior year was a slut. We could all see it but we thought for your heart's sake and all the big wigs down there it'd be easier for you to find out on your own. Secondly we know you love your family which is why we didn't tell you to break off contact with your mom even though logically it was the best possible solution at the time. Also remember that time you were invited to that party and knew there was going to be drugs and alcohol there? We were the ones that called your parents and let them know. We're sorry but it was for your own good and for the well-being and sanity of all us. Over the years all of us have watched you grow and for the most part we let you do whatever you want. However we all agree that right now at your time in life you need us to make all the decisions so for the moment we have decided to take over your body and control all your actions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in your social life, love life, or family life. Remember we only have your best interests at heart.
Warm Regards,
Everyone inside your brain

StillWithDC
Private E-1

Postby StillWithDC » Thu May 26, 2011 5:33 pm

Dear Conscience,

That one Monday. I am truly sorry for not listening to you on that one Monday. Because I thought to myself that I

shouldn’t listen to you about talking crap about my girlfriend that broke up with me. But, now it got around to

her and she isn’t that happy with my “thoughts.” You probably are looking at this

letter and just saying “I told you so,” well that is true, you did tell me and I am sorry that I didn’t. I am also

writing you to say sorry for any other dumb decision that I didn’t listen to you and I now am paying for it. Like

that time that I told you the “correct” answer on that one math test and I ended up

getting that wrong and failing. I promise that I will always listen to you from now on! And I know, I know I have

said this to you for three years straight but, this time, this time it is for real. And maybe next time I might even

listen to you and be successful in what I was trying to do! Wouldn’t that be cool! Well see you later.

Love,
Eric

shoshy amane
Private E-1

RE: Apologize to Your Conscience - 10/19

Postby shoshy amane » Thu May 26, 2011 6:35 pm

Dear Conscience,
I'm sorry.
I have ignored you for far too long.
I have made so many bad choices.
I have disregarded your advice, and you know what? You're always right.
I'm learning how to live, to love, to be alive, but I still can't listen.
Your in front of me, beside me, in me, screaming what I should do, and I still don't do it.
The choice is in front of me, why don't I take it?
Why do I always mess up?
I'm sorry, I should take your advice.
I have inflicted pain not only on me, but on you.
Forgive me?
Love,
Shoshy Amane

Previous

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges