[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
An Alliteration Challenge - 7/27 : Writing Prompts and Challenges • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

An Alliteration Challenge - 7/27

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
Brian
Lieutenant

Postby Brian » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:51 am

Brian
Lieutenant

Postby Brian » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:51 am

Using as much alliteration as you can (Annie always ate apples) tell a story about your meeting with a group of alien ambassadors.

You can post your response (750 words or fewer) here.

WordSmythe
Private E-1

Re: An Alliteration Challenge - 7/27

Postby WordSmythe » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:57 pm

We met the Arkadians when their spaceships started dropping out of the sky. At first there was much anger between our peoples but eventually we worked it out. You see...

Ambassador Amroid amassed annoying amounts of animosity after alighting another Arkadian afterburner arcship atop A. Applebee’s automobile. Ahem!

Cops came clinging crabapples, cuz coping correctly could cause conflict calmness and because the aliens much preferred crabapples to humans. Course!

Don’s dad, doing diplomacy downtown during daylight, dimmed demonstrating dolts desires decisively by winning massive concessions from the aliens. Duh! Every earthling, energized evenly, eventually emoted envoy envy, enveloping emitted enlightened effervescence every evening and we accepted the aliens with gleeful genuine generosity and courteousness as long as they promised to blow their nauseous nodular noses nightly. Ew! Feeling face-lifted finally, foreign families felt fondness finding frequent friends forever and bonds were established that are still strong today. Far out!

However, Hortent Hoppleburg happily held his horrid huge hate and he sent a subspace message asking for hurried harried foreign intervention. Hurmph!

Keeping kool kouldn’t kontinue kollectively kuz Klingons ko-opted karma’s kalmness, responded to Hoppleburg’s kall and sure enough, upon arrival, they became an irritant (as Klingons kan) and stirred things up again! Krazy K’s!

Lord Larry Larfness let legalized Leopard Legions loose later, legitimizing lewd lawfulness, and Klingons were kleaned up kollectivbely. Kind of wiped ‘em up and kicked up out, if ya know what I mean. Kool!

My mom, minding manners, made me make mocha monkey mixers mid mostly manic morass after all the fighting and wiping was over and everybody sat down (what a relief!) for a cool and refreshing drink. Mmmm!

Nevertheless, nobody new nothing new now, normally knowing neither nexus nor newtons. Nothing new there! Next!

But the neatest thing was when we were welcoming worldwide weirdness wretches, including Ambassador Amroid , A. Applebee and skinny Sgt. Slaughter, senior supervisory streetcop, 7th sector, into our home for tepidly mild mixed monkey mixers mainly that I, an 11 year old kid, got to meet many Arkadian ambush ambassadors. Really righteously radical!
And then, after 4 or 5 mixers and perhaps a human or 2, sunshine shone on skill sets as they terminated tax collector targets tangentially, at the same time shedding skin scales sufficient to bury big broken boulders. Boy!

Showing such skills saved several sequential seasons of trust building and today we are almost free of tax collectors. Ta Da!

Today to tell ya the truth, we live in peace, prosperity and profound human-alien happiness and find ourselves in complete harmony with only the occasional human, and then only tax collectors, having been dinner for one of the transgressing Arcadians.

Oh mama mia my!

Trinity
Private E-1

RE: An Alliteration Challenge - 7/27

Postby Trinity » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:35 pm

kkerber
Private E-1

Postby kkerber » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 pm

Finding Fiona at fault for the fountain of foul language that frothed forth that Friday at five to five would be superfluous. Fiona felt funny about the foreigners. Forty-five four foot Fendarians found their way to the Five Points in Fort Lauderdale, Florida at four-fifty five on Friday afternoon following some foxy flakes from Fernandina Beach. It seemed that a fight had fled like a ripple from the presence of the Fernandinian flirts forcing the Fendarians to fisticuffs. Finding the formation of Fendarians not fitting for the first floor of a Five Points, Fiona had asked the foreigners if they could fit their fists firmly in their fly traps and find their way up the footpaths to the five first floor facilities formally booked; though, in fact, she said this with quite a few more “F” words.

However, we do understand your distress. When Fendari is to be fumigated in the future, you may stay at the Five Points for free.

J Michael K
Private E-1

Postby J Michael K » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:33 am

Just the other day, while walking west on Weaver Way, I spied a group of strangers.

“Hello,” I hawked, “How are you handling the hot and humid weather here?”

To which they replied with naught.

I found this lack of response really rather rude of them, and I rightfully relished returning the favor. So, I stood there waiting, wondering when one would wise up and whisper a word of worldly wisdom. (Hello! would have been choice.) But alas, and at awful length, an answer arrived — at around an hour into my wait — which only confounded my concurrent confusion.

“Is this how you tentacular twits truly think to treat the town's three time, that's tertiary to thee, Top Twitter Tweeter trophy taker?” They truly had no clue as to what I could do with a single tweet from me to you.

They came back with nothing more than a Nanoo, nanoo.

“Well! I never knew another knave who gnawed at my newcomer niceties as neatly as you!”

Nanoo. Nanoo. Nanoo.

I was just about to jostle these jerks with a juxtaposition of jugular jolts that could jiggle a giant jello mold from just about a mile, when I relented some...and offered instead a smile. I pulled out my pocket phone and popped off a picture of the prima donna pukes, and then posted it to PooTube (a popular place to put progressive (and successive) pictures of people partaking in putrid acts of petty pedantry), and then promptly pressed publish.

I'm glad that I did, too, for what happened next is not normally known to nullify the non-complacent nature of the noggin — not now, not next — nominally, never. You see, they vanished before my eyes. Had I not seen them standing on the sidewalk some small sum of seconds sooner, I'd simply be sequestered to the state of having to superseminate my standing story, and to say (sadly) that the sights I had seen since slipping out of the slumbrous serene — sometime 'round seven-sixteen — had not actually been. Can you imagine?

Karver13
Private E-1

Postby Karver13 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:18 pm

The Herald headline hollered, “ALIENS ACCIDENTELY ALERT ALBERTA AUTHORITIES AS THEY CLUMSILY CRASH THEIR CRAFT CONTAINING CLASSIFIED CONTENT IN CANADA”. “Crap!” a cautiously constrained captain Catherine Codair commented to her colleagues.

I was there that day. My name is Leonard Limroy and I am the initial investigator for the freshly formed secret space ship society. I listened for the logic in her loquacious and leaden lecture. She expressed extreme exasperation that the editorials had already announced the arrival of the aliens in Alberta, albeit accidently. My task was to take my trusty Toshiba laptop and talk to the alien ambassador. Apparently, he was the sole surviving stranger at the site.

The craft was completely crumpled and could not continue. I was open-mouthed as I observed objets d’art arranged around the aircraft. The ambassador seemed slightly stiff but completely conscious and cognizant of his captivity. He looked like us…except for his extra eye. There were demonstrators demanding his death and he displayed distress at the dimwits discarding detritus in his direction. I disguised my disgust and disregarded the deadbeats. It was definitely due fully to the fact he was different. But was he?

I intimated my intentions to the intruder. “Ambassador” I said as I acknowledged his authority. “I must measure your mastery of matters of major magnitude to Mother Earth.” “Are you able to answer?” He nodded noticeably. His curious command of his communication had become corrupted by centuries of clashes with countless colonies and cultures. I asked about the artifacts.

We dialogued with difficulty that day. He spoke some Swiss, some Swedish, some South Samoan and some Sylvester Stallone but I surmised the sense. It came clear that his craft had been cruising from colony to colony collecting collectibles. The crash was caused when the conductor on the craft collapsed, but it was clearly coming over Canada in any case, aiming for America where they would auction their artifacts.

Belatedly, I believed his breathing was becoming beleaguered. I wondered about his world and why he wanted to wend his way to our world. He examined me with his extraneous eye and eventually, he expired. I wondered if he wanted what we want in our world. He confirmed clearly at his conclusion that the differences were only deemed as he suddenly sighed, smiled and said, “Consumerism…collectibles…combined…converts to…COIN!!!”

MateusScript
Private E-1

Postby MateusScript » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:43 am

Alien Ambassadors always attract attention. After arriving at an aqueduct, aliens argued about annihilation of our atmosphere along with allegations that alligators are alien assassins. Altogether an alliance attacked all alien ambassadors and arrested them accordingly. After an accident as such, reports arrive about aliens attacking animals annually. :)

Kaman Graves
Private E-1

Postby Kaman Graves » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:39 pm

Where were the whining warlords when we met the morose moon-men? We wanted to woo the two wanna-be, fondly fair-weather friends. Instead, I've insisted that the indoor ambassadors hire a wire to speak separately with me. Together we three silly civilizations might settle squarely upon other matters meant mainly to maneuver many meanings mindlessly. Presenting: Politics.

Teainthesahara
Private E-1

Postby Teainthesahara » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:41 am

Removed.

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges