Your Last Line - 1/5

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
deuceharley
Private E-1

RE: Your Last Line - 1/5

Postby deuceharley » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:00 pm

Deleted...(messed up with the rich text editor)

Ryani
Private E-1

Postby Ryani » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:07 pm

She stared down at the world below, having settled gracefully upon the edge of a new constellation. Just a few minutes ago, this world had been the one that had created her. Now, it was the world that she had created. All that mattered now is that it be a good world, a better world than the one that had been, and that she would never know.

deuceharley
Private E-1

Postby deuceharley » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:22 pm

“The secret’s which I have shared, the secrets contained within these pages must undoubtedly remain confidential—it is mankinds greatest importance!”

Dane Allen

aaron wilson jr
Private E-1

Postby aaron wilson jr » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:45 pm

So, shake up the world. No doubt that happened. Although by my count it has probably happened at least three times in the last few days and before anyone celebrates, I'm sure it'll happen again pretty soon. When bullets graze you and your friends because of a damn book you read, your outlook on life alters a bit.

josmel117
Private E-1

Postby josmel117 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:17 am

She slowly walked to her worn out wooden rocking chair, sat down, closed her eyes and FINALLY fell asleep. No one was ever going to hurt her again.

Tresi
Private E-1

Postby Tresi » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:43 am

Raindrops glittered on his glasses as the drizzle fell. He stared at her, the beautiful woman he had fallen so deeply in love with. Her hair was drenched and tangled from the tussle, but she was still gorgeous. her newly scorched emblem was red and swollen across the inside of her forearm. He knew it'd heal; the physical pain would at least, but the emotional hurt would leave her scarred for the rest of her life. He neared her and reached out his hand as if to touch her, but he let his hand fall back to his side instead. She looked softly at him, and he knew that not all of the moisture on her face was from the rain.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, "you know I have to go now, right?"

"Yeah, I do," he quietly answered. "It's because of you I'm here, but it's because of me you have to leave," He glanced at the emblem; it was what she received in order for for him to live. The woman who belonged to no one now belonged to someone; he just wished it was him to whom she belonged.

monica67
Private E-2

Re: Your Last Line - 1/5

Postby monica67 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:54 am

She climbed through the brush and tumbled rocks remembering all the teachers they had brought in to school to teach them how to ignore bullies - 'usually it was just talk anyway,' how to report them safely, and how to protect yourself from them. Her body still ached from the consequences of trying to use those lessons. She sighed. She was tired. But she kept walking. All those teachers failed to tell them: the dead don't talk.

Myrtle
Private First Class

Postby Myrtle » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:07 pm

wow

This is great.

Myrtle
Private First Class

Postby Myrtle » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:18 pm

I read a book about Wyatt Earp that said that the old lawman's last words, as he was dying, were ,"Perhaps. Perhaps."
That would be a good ending to a novel.

Loah Avery
Private E-1

Postby Loah Avery » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:42 pm

No one remembered him. No one remembered anything. Was it all just a dream? Did they never really exist? Did HE never really exist? I kept my face blank as I my mind went in shock. It's not like I loved him... He was just a friend. Plus even though he was sent here from that 'Shadow World' to protect me, he turned out to be the one that was going to kill me. It hurt too much though.

I felt someone brush their hand against my cheek, bringing me back to reality. I looked up seeing Avin, my childhood friend. My greatest crush. And HIS face. Who would of thought Avin was like me. Having his own 'Shadow' before HE disappeared. But that was all a dream right? Why was I still thinking that way?

"Rubi, what's wrong?" He said softly, his hand caressing my cheek. Thats when I noticed the bracelet for the first time. HIS bracelet that HE had given to Avin. And I finally cracked.

I didn't have to keep on a Poker Face anymore. It was okay to show how I felt. I broke out crying, sobbing into his chest as he pulled me in for a tight embrace. I couldn't respond when he asked why I was acting like this. It's not like he would know, or remember for that matter. The tears felt hot as they slid down my cheeks. All the fights, all the pain, all the losses, all the lies, all the pain, and their departure... Those stored up emotions I had tried so hard to hide, I finally let them go.

"It's okay now. It'll be alright." Avin said soothingly, stroking my hair gently. It would be alright now. The fight was over, and he was holding me in his arms. I wiped away as many tears as I could before looking up into his eyes. Slowly, I pressed my lips against his. I felt happy when he responded by kissing me back. Yes, it was over. Even though no one remembered him.

But that one piece of evidence and the memories I had were good enough for me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just below 500! My first post ever on this sight, so I wanted to make it good. I hope it was worth a bit of your time reading it.

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges