Your Last Line - 1/5

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
angelajromriell
Private E-1

RE: Your Last Line - 1/5

Postby angelajromriell » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:44 am

Amber could feel her life slipping away with the blood from Jackson's bullet.

The smirk on his face made her smile. Because she could just imagine the look on his face when he realized it was all for nothing. The conspiracy, the murders, setting town hall on fire all of it would amount to nothing. Her father's will would be followed to the letter and there was nothing Jackson could do about it.

Aimless1
Private E-1

Re: Your Last Line - 1/5

Postby Aimless1 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:36 am

Fist off, I really enjoyed many of these. All the people out here write well! I especially want to read the rest of yours J Scot Lee.

Alex climbed the hill and drove the tattered flag into the ground amidst the death and debree. There may never again be a democracy, never again a union. One thing Alex was going to make damn sure of though, is that what had transpired as of late would never again be allowed to happen as long as he drew breath.

jillian7682
Private E-1

Postby jillian7682 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 am

After all these years, I can’t help but wonder what my dear, sweet Daniel did with that shining crystal. Its mysterious powers of illusion gave me the greatest gift I could have ever dreamed…love.

mlfavreau
Private E-1

Postby mlfavreau » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:47 pm

There was a beautiful sadness to it all. I took one last look and, with my heart in my throat, walked away for the last time.

mlfavreau
Private E-1

Postby mlfavreau » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: aethershine's post..............

Loved it...brings to mind so many questions. Why is the air filled with ash? How did he save her? What type of creature is he? Will they meet again? I'd read this book....write it!

thanks for the posting!

NotDarren
Private E-1

Postby NotDarren » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:25 pm

He sat there staring blankly at the empty pill bottle on the table in front of him, and could almost feel his hand slowly stroke her cheek as he whispered softly “I love you.”

katenderz
Private E-1

Postby katenderz » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:09 pm

"Is this the end?" She asked, looking at the wreckage of the broken city. "No." His voice rang, loud and clear from beside her.
"You're right, this isn't it, because there'll be more, and one day we will lose." She sighed.
"Yes, but today is not that day." He grabbed her hand, kissing it softly. "Let's go."

JohannS
Private E-1

Postby JohannS » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:19 am

A final note: although this was a work of fiction, all the techniques, methods, tricks and stunts described as performed by the main characters are real and used extensively today by professionals in the main top secret intelligence agencies of the world, they were presented for entertainment purposes only and the reader is warned not to try them.

libberlou
Private E-1

Postby libberlou » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:23 pm

He smiled broadly at her. His white teeth shining through all of the caked dirt on his face.
Slowly Emily turned around and walked away from him, limping slightly and pride bruised.

She would leave his question unanswered and decide later what would be their fate. The multiples of "if only" raced through her mind. Her heart beat wildly but she held her head up high.

"Not today," she muttered under her breath. She would not turn around today and wonder as she thought of Lot's wife. No the pillar of sulphur would come later. No regrets. No turning back.

writerontherun86
Private E-1

Postby writerontherun86 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Electricity twisted up the jagged surge towers surrounding the launching platform. Hundreds of lazy snowflakes drifted through the smoke, instantly vaporizing as they fell upon the hot metal skin of the spires. The intermittent staccato continued in the background, broken only by the sound of Salazar's boots as he advanced across the metal deck. Hector followed closely, careful to sidestep the glowing wreckage that littered the path.

"You ever coming back to this place?" Hector asked.
"The hell with this blasted planet," Salazar said. They rounded a corner toward the last row of docking bays. At the opposite end of the platform, a slim figure waited for them, leaning up against a sleek vessel Hector recognized.

"There she is!" said Hector, quickening his pace.
"There she is," said Salazar, uncertain if they were referring to the woman or the ship. Probably the woman, he reasoned. He turned, sweeping his firearm across their six and backpedaled the final few meters toward the ship. No one followed them. "Well here we are," he said over his shoulder. Yrene's gaze flicked toward him and then back towards Hector. She winked.

"Took ya long enough," she said.

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges