[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Your Last Line - 1/5 : Writing Prompts and Challenges • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Your Last Line - 1/5

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
ElenaRey
Private E-1

RE: Your Last Line - 1/5

Postby ElenaRey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Free2BInspyre
Private E-1

Re: Your Last Line - 1/5

Postby Free2BInspyre » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:43 am

"Do you really have to do this?" , " Can't we work this out?" ," We have history....7 years....we've invested .....and now you are just going to give up.", "I didn't mean it....i really didn't mean it...DON'T.....PLEASE....I LOVE YOU!!!" Her voice trailed off to hold back the tears. Why was this going to happen to her? I mean, maybe in the movies , but not in her life. He looked at her, one last time.....tears rolling down her face. He closed his eyes to shut out the pain that was enduring inside. She walked closer to him....touched his arm, reaching for his hand.....but it was all too late............................

aethershine
Private E-1

Postby aethershine » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:11 am

"I could never have loved you," Alice said, wiping a tear from his cheek. "What you did saved my life...more than that, you saved my soul. But you took too much in return, and for that I just can't." She took a guarded breath, so as not to inhale too much of the fine ash that was settling around them like black snow. "I'm sorry."

Her hand had come to rest on his cheek and he took it, pressing it to his mouth, kissing her palm.

"It was never a question of your feelings for me," he whispered quietly. "I simply couldn't live in a universe where you didn't exist."

He looked into her eyes for a long moment and then took to the air, his wings beating against the clouds of ash, and disappeared into the darkness.

nohow
Private E-1

Postby nohow » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:09 am

I am blind. Surgery has given me back my sight. I am scared. I open my eyes. It is blurry. I am scared. I see something. I am excited. It fades, shifts, and stills. I gasp. I close my eyes. I cry.

I want to return to blindness.

ps - i really like tlianara's too. its kinda awesome.

akcotham
Private E-2

Postby akcotham » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:18 am

And then it happened: The sound captured in slow motion--because there was, finally, nothing more they could do to prevent the inevitable--an interminable creaking, followed by a gentle thud, a reverberating rumble, and the echoing sound of weeping and ceramic mugs shattering across the land with the destruction, the death, the falling of the world's last living coffee tree.

bkmitchell
Private E-1

Postby bkmitchell » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:09 am

Interesting! I'd read it!

Neets
Master Sergeant

Postby Neets » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:14 am

3 entries here, none are serious and should not be taken seriously. Seriously.

The infestation grew, bringing obliteration to the once great nation, resulting in the revelation of the obscuration of the information that might have lead to salvation.

Joan finally came to the conclusion that it truly doesn't matter if your uninsured home burns down, your friends abandon you, your car sinks in mud, the IRS comes calling, and the mysterious rash in your nether region tests postive. What really mattered to Joan in her heart, was the fabulous designer bag that was at last in her posession. It was hers, and belonged her alone.

Muffy sighed. Her master would probably never understand how close he came to certain death and how, because of Muffy's herioc efforts he was safe. Muffy had conquered her fears as well and was certain that the secret men in black would be back for her once again, begging her to save the world. Muffy sighed and lifted her leg, remembering the bacon they brought, if there ever were a next time she thought to herself, the men in black had better bring steak.

wendygoerl
Private E-1

Postby wendygoerl » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:28 am

Abby struggled to bring her right hand across her body to reach the buckle, silently cursing the sling that disabled her left hand, the engineers that put the buckle so low in the seat, and the society that insisted the thrice-damned thing be on her in the first place. She didn't have enough air to curse aloud. Her tears began to mix with the rising water and her body reflexively tried to draw a breath that wasn't there. Minutes later her body was still.

The soul that had last walked on earth as Abby basked in the everywhere light, content, but still shaken by the manner of her departure from the mortal world. She'd hoped she would be here long enough for the light to wash away the horror of her departure, but another soul, one Christians often labelled as Saint Peter, approached her.

"It is time to return."

"No!"

"You know you must."

Yes, she knew. She compressed herself into the tiny, dark tunnel that would bring her back to the mortal world. Perhaps this time it will be different.

Grace looked up from admiring her new daughter as her husband entered the room with the carseat. "Time to go home, Bethany," she promised as she laid her daughter in the seat. As Grace began to close the straps about her duaghter, Bethany began to cry. To scream.

not THE END

khreal
Private E-1

Postby khreal » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:19 am

Quiet and dust settled as the leaves scattered as if to signal it was now safe. No remnants - or at least she thought - of the terror that had pained her over the past twenty days. None but the catatonic stare on her face and the hope in her eyes that said, "Survival is to the fittest..."

Hockeyknight
Private E-1

Postby Hockeyknight » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Excerpt from the imaginary book Gemini Conspiracy

As Sandra looked up, she saw the reflection that she feared. The hairs on her neck stood up and shock coursed through the curling blood in her veins. Reality, for her, had shifted to change before her eyes as she saw her doppelgänger. There were no mirrors around, but a sad reflection of who she really was and tried to elude.

"Damn," Sandra said as she locked eyes with her twin. "Somehow I felt you would eventually catch up to me."

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges