[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Cliché 03/28-04/03 : Writing Prompts and Challenges • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Cliché 03/28-04/03

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
kim
Private E-1

RE: Cliché 03/28-04/03

Postby kim » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:06 am

Cliche - Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead

Rabbit runs like hell to avoid war outbreak!

Fastest Runner Has No Need of Weapons!

Torpedo Outrun by Fleet Fleet!

If You Can't Shoot 'Em, Hit 'Em

Captain Crosses Finish Line in Triumph Wins Race

Dirty Tricks Don't Foil Victorious Sailboat

Wounded But Undaunted Fleet Wins Battle

Fleet Feat Avoids Disaster

Eloping Couple Outruns Parental Pursuit

Arms Race Won by Fleetist

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:38 am

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:48 am

Curious
Lieutenant

Postby Curious » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:22 am

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:31 am

Hey Clare,

Ya know one big problem with having - shhhhh - *wishpers* ADD (jeez looks like I just shouted that out)

I get sidetracked so easily - I am so good at organizing my kids (especially Christian - who's 'a chip off the old block' - and, no I'm not that old) Where was I...

Oh, I need to better organize myself (what this has to do with cliches - don't rightly know.) - I've made forms in Word, and i'm working on it so little side 'clicks' with my mouse don't make me lose my mind (or what I need to get done).

Soooo - anyway, you're pretty witty with the comeback cliche!

Karen :)

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:34 am

Karen, Karen, Karen...

Me thinks you were the kid in the back of the class always cracking jokes that were quite witty and intelligent but still not at all appreciated by the teacher!  :)

Pretty good string of cliches, there ...and almost as useful as a cowboy's Sunday shoes.

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:43 am

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:57 am

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:59 am