Diet Journal 6/3-69

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
Brian
Lieutenant

Diet Journal 6/3-69

Postby Brian » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:41 am

Brian
Lieutenant

Diet Journal 6/3-69

Postby Brian » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:41 am

You're trying to lose weight and decide to keep a weekly diet journal. Write four short journal entries that show your progress (or lack thereof) over the span of your first month.

Please limit your response to 500 words or fewer.

acre1964
Private E-2

Re: Diet Journal 6/3-69

Postby acre1964 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:28 am

You're trying to lose weight and decide to keep a weekly diet journal. Write four short journal entries that show your progress (or lack thereof) over the span of your first month.
Week one of the years 2020 and I have decided to lose weight and to go from 250 lbs to 150 lbs.
Week one I have made no progress: I have started to eat only seaweed and snails for breakfast each day.
For lunch I have had grass hamburgers with oak leaves for a topping plus pine needle sap for condiments.
For dinner I have dissolved plastic credit cars with the bottom of the compost pile pickled.
During this week I lost 16 lbs.
During week two I had old and decayed carpet for most of my diet that week.
It was shag and from the 80ies and very tasty.
I lost only 23 lbs. during week two
During week three I really had to do something drastic
So I found all the old Duracell batteries I could eat.
That took off the weight and gave me the runs really bad.
I lost 61 lbs that week
Now I am thinner, leaner and mean green machine but total 100% bio degradable
Thank God.
By green thinking
Shawn Acre
6-03-08

cinmar
Private E-1

Postby cinmar » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:05 pm

The All New Me

Week One:
Well, so far so good. In my quest to convert the twenty pounds of 'love handle' padding I gained during the winter into a more sculpted, trim, svelte, and fetching new me, I have done pretty well in keeping to my schedule. On Day One I emptied the refrigerator of all potentially damaging high-calorie foods. Okay, so I had to finish off the ice cream in the freezer and eat the last piece of leftover pie, but how could I justify wasting such good food by sending them into the trash? From now on it's broiled fish, poached eggs, toast, no butter, and all the vegetables I want. All healthy brain foods, too. My memory of just how many sit-ups I can do seems to be a little fuzzy.

Week Two:
I began this week by stepping on the scale, and sure, it was a little disappointing to see that nothing has changed, but that's why I need to hang in there a little more. The dress I want to fit into is prominently displayed to remind me of my goal. And, I know, after the work-out at the gym on Friday I was so hungry I splurged on the cookie. Well, okay, the bag of cookies. But they were oatmeal raisin, weren't they? That's pretty healthy stuff, like granola. I'll start doing more walking. Maybe walk to the market instead of driving. That will count for something.

Week Three:
Boy, are my muscles getting tired. I'm starting to get so weak from working out and cutting out all the good foods in my diet. This morning I stepped out of the shower and weighed myself. Of course the towel I had wrapped around me and the water dripping out of my hair must be adding to the total weight. Or, maybe my scale needs adjusting?

Week Four:
The garage sale I held on Saturday was a huge success. I was able to sell the three new bathroom scales, the Pilates equipment, the exercise DVD's, and even the skimpy new dress. It was the wrong color for me anyway. But I made enough money to treat myself for all the work I've done. I think I'll bake a cake and celebrate.

keesmommy
Private E-1

RE: Diet Journal 6/3-69

Postby keesmommy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:20 pm

Diet Journal:

Week 1:  Ate a hard-boiled egg for breakfast, with black coffee, and orange juice. 

Ate a peach for lunch

Had five cherry tomatoes and a quarter of a cucumber for a snack.

Fixed one-half of one small chicken breast, grilled, for dinner, along with steamed asparagus, no butter, and 4 ounces of lettuce and tomato salad, with vinegar dressing.

Week One Results:  I lost 2 pounds. Had a headache all week but that's ok, I am in the zone and determined!

Week 2: Ate a hard-boiled egg and one piece of dry toast with black coffee and orange juice for breakfast.

Had one peach, one banana, and four crackers for lunch.

Ate a bowl of reduced calorie soup and a diet Pepsi as a snack.

Fixed one chicken breast, grilled, for dinner, plus steamed broccoli, no butter, a small lettuce and tomato and cucumber salad with vinegarette dressing (only 15 calories per TBSP.).

Ate fresh apple and pear and canteloupe salad for evening snack.

Week 2 results:  I lost 2 pounds and am Always Hungry!

Week 3:  Coffee, egg, and toast with peanut butter for breakfast.

Turkey sandwich with mustard for lunch.

One peach and one cup strawberries for snack.

Grilled salmon (4 oz) and salad and cottage cheese and pineapple for dinner.

"No butter" popcorn for evening snack.

Week 3 results:   Woke up with a headache every morning.  Pounds lost: Zero

Week 4:  Coffee with cream (the way I like it, dammit!) for breakfast, orange juice, 2 boiled eggs, and English muffin with reduced calorie fake-butter for breakfast

A turkey sandwich with just a little bit of mayo for lunch, plus a fresh fruit Smoothie.

Trail Mix for a snack.

Extra Lean steak for dinner (4 oz.) with a salad, creamy vinegarette dressing and asparagus with Hollondaise sauce for dinner.

Strawberries for an evening snack.

A Snickers bar at 3 am cause I couldn't STAND it anymore.

Week 4 Results:  Gained 3 pounds!

(Yes, of course, I'm a woman! A man would have lost 15 pounds eating this rabbit food!):o

Mamamole
Private E-1

Postby Mamamole » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:15 pm

Diet Journal:
Day 1
I woke up at 6:00, tired from the lack of sleep worrying about the diet that I've been planning to start. And today, at that!
6:15
Breakfast:
1 hard boiled egg
1 slice of dry toast.
Coffee, yippee! No sugar, no cream, bummer.
Mmm good...
I can do this!

12:00
Lunch! Thank God it's finally here! I really had to use some major self control. And I'm so proud of myself! I made it to lunch, without an extra nibble! Motivation, pat myself on the back. Oh yeah, that's why I'm dieting, I can't reach it.
Lunch:
1/2 can of tuna in water.
1 slice of dry toast.
No mayo, no mustard, no pickles and no chips, bummer!
Mmmm yummy...

6:00: I think I'm dead. I can't see straight. My stomach is killing me. I'm tired and so darn hungry!
6:15
Dinner:
1 chicken breast baked (It's really a huge piece of chicken grilled in fattening oil!) Ohm Ohm Ohm
1 slice of dry toast (It's really a large toasted bun covered in creamy sauces and loaded with hot melted cheese!) Ohm Ohm Ohm
1 apple cored four ways, to make it look like more. (It's really a big slice of apple pie with whipped cream oozing all over it!) Ohm Ohm Ohm

Note to myself:
Don't nibble on anything other than carrots or celery! Or the bed post!

Day 2
I woke up in the middle of the night, I was dreaming that I was really awake. I slept walked to the frig and devoured everything in sight. No, I didn't do it, I really was sleep walking, I'm telling you the truth, really! It was a dream! Ohm Ohm Ohm........

amy
Captain

Postby amy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:33 pm

These are good. Thanks for sharing guys.

Bullethead
Private E-1

Postby Bullethead » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:21 pm

This one came all in a rush, and the ending popped into my head while we were having dinner. I didn't share.

Diet Plan

So I’ve tried everything, and nothing seems to work; in fact, it just keeps getting worse. I’m to the point now that I’m completely disgusted with myself. I can hardly even wear long pants anymore; my waist feels strangled, my thighs rub- I can’t stand it.

I have to find some way to fix this once and for all.. ‘Desperate times’, and all that.

Week 1: My God, I’m in pain. I’ve tried every diet known to man, but it’s never been this bad. I have to just keep reminding myself how effective it is, how well it’s working. Eight percent weight loss in one week is nothing to complain about- ‘no pain no gain’, and all that.

Week 2: This is bad- it’s almost worse than being heavy- almost. I thought I was getting past it there a few days ago, but… anyway, another eight percent; sixteen percent in two weeks is good, right? ‘Quitters never win’, and all that, right?

Week 3: I think my body’s in shock. I know my brain is. I don’t know how I can finish this, but it’s definitely too late to turn back now. At least I’m not vomiting anymore, and the bleeding’s stopped, for now. I’ve had to take in so much fluid that I feel like I’m going to float away. Still, another fifteen percent weight loss. Thirty-one percent in three weeks, right on schedule, one more week to go. Gotta stick it out. ‘When the going gets tough’, and all that.

Week 4: Well I’m done. I don’t know how I survived it, but I did, and it worked. A forty-six percent weight loss in one month, after a lifetime of struggle. It’s the most difficult thing I’ve ever done, but it was worth it. Wait ‘til I post the pictures to my online ‘support’ group- not that they’ve been much support. I’ve done so well, and not one of them is willing to try my plan. I don’t understand it. Half seem to think I’m lying and the others think I’m crazy, but now I’ve got the proof! Oh well: ‘A prophet is not without honor except in his own house’, and all that.

Nevertheless, I still think it could’ve gone a little better. I need a more comfortable wheelchair, for one thing. My pants fit better now, but the waist still pinches, and I’ve just noticed the stumps seem to be a little uneven. Plus, I have just a little more weight I’d like to lose.

I think maybe I’ll go low-carb again; after all, I have all this meat in the freezer.

‘Waste not, want not’, and all that.

RF

wandaehrlich
Private E-1

Postby wandaehrlich » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:43 pm

Week One: Dear Diet Diary, So far this week I have lost my slippers, my car keys, my credit card, and my cell phone, but unfortunately, no weight loss. I’ve always eaten healthy, but have decided to include two teaspoons of flax per day, in addition to two packets of raspberry “Goo.” My stomach is bloated and unfortunately I am unable to go to the bathroom. Next week I intend to add prunes to my diet in hopes of some relief.

Week Two: Dear Diet Diary, I’m really kinda likin’ the raspberry flavored “Goo,” and the flax isn’t that bad so long as I can mix it with the prune juice. Unfortunately, my skin has turned this mysterious pink. I have also added two cans of “Red Bull” to my diet per day. I’ve lost two pounds and feel incredibly energized, but unfortunately I am experiencing a tremendous amount of gas.

Week Three: Dear Diet Diary, I have decided to keep the regiment of raspberry "Goo" packets. I added a two mile run to the store to purchase my two daily cans of “Red Bull,” and I’m still OK with the flax in the prune juice. My skin is still that mysterious pink, and my energy level is unbelievable. I’ve lost two more pounds and I think something’s finally brewin’ with regards to the digestive system.

Week Four: Dear Diet Diarrhea: I have been on the toilet most of the week. I have stopped the Raspberry “Poo” packets, the flax in the poo juice, and the poo cans of “Red Bull.” I have lost ten poos and still don’t know what to poo about my mysterious pink skin.

Lisanne
Private E-1

Postby Lisanne » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:21 pm

Feb. 25

I am a desperate housewife. I’m so sick of being fat and frumpy and of my boring life. Dan hardly notices me any more, but that’s not really the problem. He’s gone all fat and pudding-y, and I don’t really want him any more, either. The kids treat me like my only purpose in life is to do for them, and I’m tired of it – tired of them. I need a way out of this rut.

First step is a diet. Yes, another one, but it’s not for approval from Dan or the kids, it’s to TRANSFORM MY LIFE! To be a whole new person. Superwoman, maybe. Or at least Catwoman.

I’m going to do this right, so it’ll be a balanced diet – low-fat, lots of veggies. Exercise, too. I’m not going to make a big deal of it. No one cares, for one thing, and they won’t believe I’ll stick to it. But I’ll show them…

March 3

First week’s weigh-in today. I did it! A whopping five pounds came off! It might not be much on The Biggest Loser, but it’s awesome for me.

I stuck to it by finding something to do every time I wanted to eat. The house is super clean, I’ve walked around the block so many times I’ve met the entire neighborhood, and I’m up to 10 situps!

Breakfast has mostly been oatmeal, though I made everyone strawberry omelets yesterday. No one noticed that mine had only one egg and minimal butter.

Lunch is usually a salad, no dressing.

I cook our normal dinners, then just skip the more fattening stuff for myself. We never sit down to dinner together any more, so no one has noticed.

May 12

I lost another two pounds – 30 pounds total!! The number is round, but I am not!

I have more to lose, but the personal training with Felipe has really toned me up. Dan just pays our credit card bills without looking at them, so he doesn’t know. Felipe’s expensive, but sooooooo worth it. His massage therapy after the workouts keeps me going.

Dan wanted me for the first time in months last night. I was thrilled at first, but his belly flapping against me when we did it was disgusting. I bet Felipe would be divine in bed…

June 4

Only a pound this week - it’s harder to lose when you’re close to goal.

Felipe says sex is a great calorie burner… he added it to our sessions, no extra charge (LOL). Oh yes, he is wonderful!

I notice I don’t log my food in these weekly entries any more. It’s just not my focus. I really am changing.

I treated myself to a day spa today. Had my hair colored, a facial, the works. Got some sexy new clothes, too. I’m not going to show Dan the new clothes. They’re for my Mom’s Weekend Getaway, as I call it for the kids’ benefit. It's time to have some fun!

Next

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges