[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Writing Is Like ... 5/20-5/26 : Writing Prompts and Challenges • Page 12 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Writing Is Like ... 5/20-5/26

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
acompton9KY
Private E-1

RE: Writing Is Like ... 5/20-5/26

Postby acompton9KY » Tue May 25, 2010 11:07 am

Writing is like slipping away for an afternoon with a lover. You long for it, have to steal away for it, and when you have it, are satisfied beyond measure.

wildlybamboozled
Private E-1

Re: Writing Is Like ... 5/20-5/26

Postby wildlybamboozled » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:07 pm

Writing is like digging through sewage, most of what you find is trash, but every once in a while you find that old family heirloom wedding ring you lost twelve years ago.

gummibearslayer
Private E-1

Postby gummibearslayer » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 am

Writing is like being constipated. You sit there just hoping something comes out, and when it finally does you feel incredibly relieved.

tjayrush
Private E-1

Postby tjayrush » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:40 am

Writing is like taking a poop unicorns and rainbows in your pants. It feels pretty good when the defication first comes out but when you’re done you have a load in your pants about which you are embarrassed.

LMGilbert
Lieutenant

Postby LMGilbert » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:18 am

CanolieGirl
Private E-1

Postby CanolieGirl » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:23 am

Writing is like taking your heart out and spreading it among the paper; it hurts, but it heals after your drop the pen, and once you read over it, it's like nothing you've ever felt before.

Trissa
Private E-2

Postby Trissa » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:27 pm

Writing is creating a world of your own. You people it with your characters. You design the world they live in, create their careers, their likes and dislikes. Sometimes a character just doesn't work. You can twist and turn their characteristics, but sometimes it just doesn't work. Back to Square One!

Many of my characters are people I have met or seen (albeit briefly). I get to tell them what to do, what to think, how to feel. Does that make me a control freak? Maybe. I don't get to control the people in my real world, so I go for it with my surreal universe!

MichaelFogarty
Private E-1

Postby MichaelFogarty » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:07 am

Writing is like crack.

anyuta34i
Private E-1

Postby anyuta34i » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:14 pm

If you fall 2 for one of these at best you will lose thousands of dollars; at worst you will lose your life. These usually start with an email from a bank official or the relative of a recently deceased African president or a government minister informing you that they have access to millions of dollars but need your help to get the money out of the country. The end result is that when the deal is threatened you will be asked for money to secure the release of the funds. Do not under any circumstances reply to these letters, people have been murdered while following up with these scams.PhishingPhishing scams can be very elaborate, scammers send out emails to millions of internet addresses purporting to be from a financial institution, and requiring you to log in and confirm your details. The email looks authentic and contains a link that you need to click.

tinytomato
Private E-1

Postby tinytomato » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:37 pm

writing is like another world living within my crazy mind. deep within the cracks and crevices new unusual people dwell in unique places and worlds. if you open up my mind there's no telling what you'll find. it would be an adventure whatever is revealed from the midst of my weirdo mind. imagination is my best friend because i'm a writer and the best writers in my view are the utterly weird freaks. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges